Notices

Ot: Ford Sucks!!!!

Old 10-24-2002, 01:32 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ot: Ford Sucks!!!!

Well I hope one of you guys have some help for me on this one!!! My tranny went again. Ok I think... They they told me if it went again they would put a new one in the truck. Well I call up the dealer and tell them that the tranny is showing a trouble code again and they tell me that they are going to try and fix it again. I say waite a min... You guys told me that you would replace the tranny NOT FIX IT!!!! They say sorry no we did not. I am freeking out right now I am so hot. What happend for a persons WORD!!!! I am working on three solutions and maybe some one can help me out hear.

1) Make them buy the truck back and get a Chevy
2) Make them buy the truck back and give me a good deal on a 2002-2003
3) Make them let me take the truck to a person that actually knows how to work on the transmisions and fix it properly

I mean what am I sapposed to do hear sceduall a trany rebuilt at every oil change? That is about were I have been with service on this truck!!! The truck is wonderfull other then this one thing and I have to tell ya it is a BIG thing!!! I just can not believe that this jerk off flat out lied to me about the work they would do!!!!

Jon
Old 10-24-2002, 01:42 PM
283CHECK

Isn't this like the third-fourth time with this issue? Check you lemon laws, I'd make them take it back and go for an 03. Love mine execpt that the high pressure oil pump went south at 323 miles

You need to check on the laws, at the least you'd think they should replace the complete tranny!

Chris

Old 10-24-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MIne as doing the same thing. MAke sure they put a new valve body in it. I had my accumulator (sp) valve sticking. I replaced that and it has stayed together. I was rebuilding every 6 months, now I have 2 years on the trans. Perhaps they case is also warped. You could make them build a one out of entirely new parts. JUst a thought.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have a Question. Is it an auto or stick? I have a 99 with 80,000 miles, no problems, but just bought a 2003 and am wondering if I am going to have problems.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:24 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

283 Check: This is actually going to be the 7th time the truck is back in for repair of the transmision. They have reprogrammed the computer 2 times, told me that there was nothing wrong 2 times and put parts in the last two times. As per Mass Lemon Law I only have to give them 4 tries. I gave them 6 tries, and now they want more.

Steve: They have put new valve boddies in the truck twice in the last 5000 miles and it still is clogging them up. I am not sure what else they have done but it has not fixed it.

Troutly: I will get in touch with my local Ford Motor Care Regional Rep ASAP.

Roger this is a automatic not a standard.

All I am asking for is that they do what they said they would do and that was to replace my transmision if it broke again. Now they are trying to avoid doing that. I asked the guy how many times they expected me to come back with this problem before they did the "right" thing. He said he was not sure. I told him that when dealing with Big ticket items you have to help the customer out more then that. I explained to him that I have fixed customers product even out of warrantee so if he wants there are work arounds the the "issues" that he says that they have. He said to me "you probably do not deal with product that is worth $2300O.00!!!! I said you are correct because the projector that I just had overnighted that was out of warrantee and weighed 450 pounds to ship, only cost $73,000 bucks and cost me out of pocket 500 to ship and and a trip and time to drive to the airport to pick it up. I do not want to hear excuses from them just solutions to this ongoing NIGHTMARE!!!!!

Jon
Old 10-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing better than good AMMO!
Get a copy of the lemon law or print it and bring along any sherriff or cop buddies!

You've had more than anyone's fair share of trouble with this truck...Time's up for Ford.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:27 PM
Registered

Jon, You Didn't Even Blame Ford In Your Thread And Your Title Says "Ford Sucks", You Should Have Said Your DEALER SUCKS.............. I Have 75,000 Miles On My Super Duty Auto 4x4 Not One Problem WithThe Tranny.......

Jeff
Old 10-24-2002, 02:33 PM
283CHECK

Default Contact Reg. Rep

Then find a different dealer, let them know that you have had many problems with this issue. then let them know your are interested in moving up and looking for a dealer that will not only take care of you know but your future business!!

Good luck!

BTW this is my second PSD and I love it!! First one was great to..

Chris

Old 10-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

And that's why I went with...ah, never mind. Their automatics suck too.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:58 PM
Registered

hey Jon what year is your truck?
99's had dozens of tranny problems
after that they tightened up a little and now they are
pretty much problem free
when you get your way and they put a new tranny in
the truck make sure it is a Ford remanufactured trans.
this will have all the upgrades that they have made over
the years

Russ

Quick Reply: Ot: Ford Sucks!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.