Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ot: Ford Sucks!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35515-ot-ford-sucks.html)

Audiofn 10-24-2002 10:35 PM

Originally posted by neu-rich
Jon, You Didn't Even Blame Ford In Your Thread And Your Title Says "Ford Sucks", You Should Have Said Your DEALER SUCKS.............. I Have 75,000 Miles On My Super Duty Auto 4x4 Not One Problem WithThe Tranny.......

Jeff

Yes My dealer sucks. However so does the tranny and the fact that FORD is the one that refuses to replace the tranny. The dealer tried but Ford said NO WAY. OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!! SO YES FORD SUCKS, MY DEALER SUCKS, and I have had enough of being yelled at by some AHOLE jerk off that stands behind a counter and tells me that I do not know my truck as well as he does when he drives some little car!!!!

Jon

Audiofn 10-24-2002 10:40 PM

Originally posted by Uncle Toys
Hey Audio, great news for you. My brother is VP of Customer Service at Ford. Give me a call and I will hook you up.

No, wait a minute - you said I was "DICKLESS." Never mind :p :D

I just sent you a PM with my appologies to fallow if you are speaking the trueth. God help you if you are not :D:D

Jon

Audiofn 10-24-2002 11:28 PM

Ok what I tried to do today. First on the advice of Troutly and others I tried to get the local rep involved. Well needless to say that got me yelled at by the service jerk off. Yup you read that right. As soon as I asked for an apointment with the Rep the service guy starts to yell at me. That of course escallated quickly as I was already on the defensive and I start to tell him that he told me that he said he would put a new tranny in my truck if I had another problem. He says (actually yells at me) and you will not believe this but it is true "if you say that again I am going to hang up the phone" I about ****. I went through the roof and of course said that he told me if I had another problem that they would get the tranny replaced and it was in fact him that said that. HE FREEKED AND YELLS AT ME that I was lying!!!! I called him a F&*CKING lying jerk off and hang up the phone. So that was productive!!!! I also called up Ford Customer careless and they basically tell me to work with the dealer. I tell them we already tried that at 3 different dealers and they all came up with the same problem, NO ONE has been able to fix this thing. I ask them to pull a vehical history report on the truck and imagine this THEY DO NOT DO THAT!!!! I can get a vehical history report on ANY Porsche that I want to back to the 60's!!!! They can not do it for a 99. What a joke, all I can figure is it is the best way for them to be able to deny the problems. I called other dealers and they do not want to get involved if you can believe that as they tell me that they also will not be able to replace the tranny!!! WTF!!!! They say that they will only be authorized to replace the valve body!!!! SO after a long hard think tank process I decide that my license to carry hand guns is WAY more important to me then this POS truck and that I am not going to go up and drag the jerk off service guy over the counter and beat him to a pulp and go up and talk to the manager of the dealer. He basically tells me that what is happening to me is happening to him. Every 30K miles he has to have his spider gears replaced in his Mustang GT!!! I asked him if that was sapposed to make me feel any better. I get the Lemon Law info and call a lawer. The lawer says that what will probably happen is that we are going to fire off a letter to the dealer that they will replace the tranny at thier cost, maybe at another dealer. At this point there is so much bad blood in that dealer that I would not put it past them to mess with my truck while it is there. I have already dropped the truck off two times with almost full tanks to get it back with a LOT less gass!!!! If there is no response to this then he said we will take the truck and have it repaired by a qualified aftermarket person (probably one of these guys on www.diesel_Stop.com ) and then charge back the dealership with what in Mass is called a 93a suite that entitles me to tripple damages and all that fun stuff. It will also open them up to a class action law suit if it can be shown to be a known problem with the trucks (read get enough people to say they are having the same problems, should not be hard from what I have seen) I mean why does it have to come to this for a freaking tranny!!! They have basically assured that I will NEVER buy another truck from them again. The thing that pissed me off the most was being yelled at by some POS behind a counter who just got promoted from saying would you like fries with that!!!!

Jon

Bulldog 10-24-2002 11:47 PM

Jon-
I bought a new Pontiac Grand-Am for my wife in 1991. When it had 70 miles on it the Quad-4 engine became a Quad-3. The dealership picked it up and I never heard from them for a week.

I called and was told that the cylinder head would have to come off. I then called the General Manager and stated my position- I did not want a new vehicle with a rebuilt engine. He then countered that the car would be repaired and left in the lot for me to pick up or leave there forever. I called a lawyer friend and then stopped payment on the check.

A few days later I got a very polite call that a valve spring was broken and replaced- the head stayed on. I said OK, and took the car back (with a factory extended warranty). At 2500 miles it leaked oil, pulled to the right, rattled, had an intermittent speaker, etc. I made a list of the problems and went through several months of BS from the original and an alternate dealer. I always gave the A-hole (anyone, pick one) at the dealership my problem list, and got a business card from them. I then wrote the time and date on back of the card while they watched.

I kept a log sheet of all this in a container in the trunk. I then filed for an arbitration hearing with the BBB, and to make a long story short, kicked their ass in the hearing. I had all the visits, etc. documented (critical, otherwise the dealer will get the benefit of a doubt).

In a very open display of disdain for anybody that had anything to do with Pontiac, I asked for a buy back so I would not have to deal with them EVER again.

The decision was that the car fell under the lemon laws because we presented the car for repair more than 3 times for several problems- even though they did not try to repair it. They had their chance, basically.

I am an engineer and fully realize that it is nothing less than a miracle if a new car does not have some hidden defects which will manifest themselves during use. But, it is the dealership's responsibility to resolve those problems. I would file for arbitration and try to get out from under the vehicle, if for no other reason to give them the kick in the ass they fully deserve.

Bulldog aka Ronnie

Lee 10-24-2002 11:58 PM

Jon, PM me your V.I.N.# and I will send you your complete vehicle dealer service history.:)

Pete B 10-25-2002 12:00 AM

jon,
take it to the dealer and tell him its his , get a chevy or gmc they rock diesel or gas.

Audiofn 10-25-2002 10:28 AM

Well the owner of the Dealership called me today and asked me if there was anything he can do to help the situation out. I said yes get me a new tranny. You are the dealership. You are the one that Ford looks to for "expertise" so if you say give him a new tranny, if you are a good dealer, they will give you a new tranny. He says that they want to put another Valve body in there and try and fix it again. I asked if they will guarantee that I go farther then 4000 miles this time btwn repairs. He say NOPE. So I ask if they are just going to replace the valve body over and over again every time it break. He says probably. I say that is unacceptable and mention that I am seeking a settlement under 93a of the Massachusetts Law UNLESS they REPLACE the tranny with a new/reman. one. He tells me that it will not happen. It was a very cordial mater of fact conversation and that was that. Again no offering of a solution, no offering of compensation for my missery in this situation. I also filed formal complaints against the dealership and the service guy so we will see what happens with that.

Jon

audacity 10-25-2002 10:54 AM

lee's on top of it!...email him the VIN...most all of the problems have been due to chips!...i currently have 110k on the same fluid on my 00 dually...i tow at hi speeds as well!...my last E40D has 215K + on the same fluid and still running....3 times and should fall under the lemon law!

have you ever used a chip??? be honest now:D

nightmare 10-25-2002 11:28 AM

you have not had any problems at all. my story with ford would take two days to write, but the short of it is, I was at a dealer out of town and saw a truck i liked, I went back to my town and had them trade for it so i would give my local guy business. I had already test drove the truck and knew about a couple of problems before local dealer ever got the truck, told the dealer about the problems and they said that when the truck got here they would fix them, when the truck got here they scheduled me to have it fixed in a couple of days. the sales manager told me to go to this local aftermarket shop and get a chip for it to get good gas mileage, he called them himself to see if they had one instock. I bring my truck back to the dealership the next week with 320 miles on new truck and they tell me my warranty is void from putting a chip in it. the bad part is i did not go get the chip and they told me that the sales guy had said i was going to chip it so my warranty is void. the rest would take a really long time to write but it ended with me haveing a broke truck and charges pressed against me for property distruction at the dealers house.

nightmare 10-25-2002 11:30 AM

I forgot to add that the dealer was a half owner in the aftermarket company to, that i found out a couple months later.