If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    st. clair shores mi ,us
    Thanks Ron !!
    I'm sure I will sleep better knowing that

Platinum Member Platinum Member KAAMA's Avatar
    My Boats:
    A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!
    Western Michigan
    Originally posted by Ron P
    After you chase them out of the basement they are going to live under your bed.....or in it.
    And that is the very reason you do NOT want to use a pesticide that has a repellent in it such as pyrethrins or pyrethroids---those are flushing agents and that's what gets them moving.

Boric Acid is NOT a pyrethroid and like I said, it is a LOW TOXICITY pesticide---very safe to use.

This is what I do for a living gang.

Charter Member #971 Charter Member Niuhi's Avatar
    Shoreline, WA, US
    Okay I'm sure I'm going to catch a ration, but years ago I worked for Orkin Pest Control, so I have a bit of experience. KAAMA is right, the boric acid is a good way to go due to the longevity and it's ability to work when wet. The best way to describe the application is to have a light dusting, one that looks like you haven't dusted the furniture in your house for a couple weeks. More than this and they will usually avoid it. If you have a do-it-yourself pest control store near you, they have little hand dusters that are made specifically for applying the product. You wont be able to purchase chemicals there, but you can buy some of the equipment. The boric acid you can get just about anywhere as stated in this thread. Another product you might try is Diatomacious earth (spelling?), which is esentially ground up seashell. It's a dessicant which destroys the exterior of insects and causes them to dry out. The raid thing works for a very short period of time and has a repellant which causes it to be counter-productive since they will avoid it like the plague, Anyhow good luck, insects in your house can be a pain in the you-know-what.

Hawaii no ka 'oi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123