Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Things to do in Tampa/St. Pete Beach??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39830-things-do-tampa-st-pete-beach.html)

sean stinson 12-30-2002 05:02 AM

I can't believe nobody mentioned Bern's Steak House....it is one of the best in the country....It's in Tampa check it out.

Sean Stinson

26scarab 12-30-2002 06:06 AM

Sorry Sean,
I'm from Michigan , (originally from KS) so when I'm in Florida steak is the farthest thing from my mind... I want some fresh seafood !!!

Offshore Addiction 12-30-2002 07:00 AM

gators on johns pass,ybor(but only if you got an extra day to recover),busch gardens(our shop is about 8 blks from there),class act in tampa(just go in and tell kat the bartender that Al sent cha),spectra is on 49 th st I believe,can call jay and get an exact adress for ya,your more than welcome to come wax the race boat while your here,as far as golf,my mechanic will probally be more than happy to take you golfin,or fishin,hes got the low down on that!but otherwise welcome to florida,come on vacation,leave on probation!!!!!!!!!!

dmhoj 12-30-2002 07:02 AM

Is Bongo's still in St. Pete Beach?

Dangerous Dave 12-30-2002 07:46 AM

Bongos is still there. Just had lunch there a couple weeks ago. It's a lot more fun at night though.

florida gator 12-30-2002 08:10 AM

Ybor great, for good music go to Green Iguana.

Berns good, but not in the top 10 in the country. Shulas is 4 and Charlies is 7. I reccomend Shulas great steaks and seafood.

Great golf courses in the area. Saddlebrook and Innisbrook are world class. All courses full of yankees (old people) this time of year.

THEJOKER 12-30-2002 08:29 AM

Mikolos's Shop & Danny's

Look up Steve Mikolos and get hin to take you to Danny's(drink alot). Listen to his stories about crashing the Velocity and fiberglass chunks sticking in him. That's what I'd do - or did - haha-----BH

JGB 12-30-2002 09:18 AM

Mpally, definately check out Bonefish for some fresh fresh fish cooked just right. It is on 4th st N St. Pete. I think you can take 54th ave n to 4th st make a left and its on the right a little ways down. They take reservations, which beats waiting to get in.

Miami is about a 4 1/2 -5 hour drive from st. pete

good Luck

JGB 12-30-2002 09:26 AM

The "Undertow" on St. Pete beach is a good place to hang and have a few coctails outside overlooking the beach. Also, it might be a little cheesy but i also enjoy going to the rotating bar atop of the hilton on st. pete beach for a 360 degree view of the area. FWIW.

If the weather is not good you can also go to tampa near USF and go to the MOSI MAX (Museum of Science and ...) and see an I-MAX MOVIE(Very cool!). There also is the florida aquarium in tampa.

Wardey 12-30-2002 07:58 PM

Steve - Call me. Dave Warden