Notices

SAL~Miami cocaine kingpin

Old 11-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Drugs did not build offshore racing, that is an insane comment. Dr. Bob Magoon, Bill Wisnick, Rockiy Aoki, Earl Lannier, Art Norris....that is to name a few, they were successful racers not due to drug money....Drug Money did not build the sport.

MidOcean, Those who take drugs when they are in active addiction typically cannot stop once they start, as far as a "willing participants", the choice is not as "free will" as you imply. Casual and recreational drug users, yes they are willing participants, not doubt there. Hard core drug addicts are participants, but the grip of addiction has them bottled up. Fact not fiction.

I read the casting of stones Biblical reference, and I certainly do not live in a glass house, but, what the hell, if you deal drugs, then you are wrecking lives...this is a not a complex concept to grasp.
An addict has to make that first bad decision. A decision THEY are responsible for. Like the little lady said.. "Just say no."

Sal, Willy and Gus were NOT street dealers... you understand this right? They were smugglers.

Before the drugs, the magoons, Lanniers, etc...etc. were just guys who were having a good time in the open ocean. It was the drug trade that put Cigarette on the financial map and Miami Vice on television screens across the country which is how many of today's followers were introduced.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If this sport was built on drug money(which I disagree with), then NASCAR was built on running illegal moonshine. I'm interseted to hear what NASCAR fans have to say about that? Care to debate the societal woes of alcohol abuse/addiction and the sport that was created around supplying the "users". It has been said that a LARGE proportion of early mechanics, car owners, drivers, promoters and track owners had deep ties to bootlegging. How about your NASCAR heros? Should they be forever vilified?
Old 11-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean
If this sport was built on drug money(which I disagree with), then NASCAR was built on running illegal moonshine. I'm interseted to hear what NASCAR fans have to say about that? Care to debate the societal woes of alcohol abuse/addiction and the sport that was created around supplying the "users". It has been said that a LARGE proportion of early mechanics, car owners, drivers, promoters and track owners had deep ties to bootlegging. How about your NASCAR heros? Should they be forever vilified?
NASCAR has something Offshore will never have. Relatability. Most Americans have cars. Most DO NOT have 40' boats in their back yard.

To me there is very little difference between drugs and alcohol.

NASCAR heros? I don't have any. Never got into it.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
NASCAR has something Offshore will never have. Relatability. Most Americans have cars. Most DO NOT have 40' boats in their back yard.

To me there is very little difference between drugs and alcohol.

NASCAR heros? I don't have any. Never got into it.
Todd, my post was not directed at you, but to those who choose to ignore the parallels between the "bad guys" mentioned in this thread and the individuals who built NASCAR....supposedly the most popular sport today. Why are these good ole boys treated like heros? What ehy did was illegal and yet because alcohol is legal today, we forgive their past deeds?? and if we legalized marajuana, cocaine or heroin, would the villians here then be canonized?
Old 11-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean
Todd, my post was not directed at you, but to those who choose to ignore the parallels between the "bad guys" mentioned in this thread and the individuals who built NASCAR....supposedly the most popular sport today. Why are these good ole boys treated like heros? What ehy did was illegal and yet because alcohol is legal today, we forgive their past deeds?? and if we legalized marajuana, cocaine or heroin, would the villians here then be canonized?
I agree which is why I have to ask: What do we do with all these guys who are serving "life" sentences when we legalize the very activity they were convicted of??

I find alcohol to be a far more dangerous drug because of its accessibility. There have been many who have been cured of a coke habit by simple finances alone.

PS.. is your 33 for sale? I saw one up in your area in an ad someplace.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered

PS.. is your 33 for sale? I saw one up in your area in an ad someplace.
Not yet. The 99 brochure boat is for sale in CT right now as is the 01 Rio Roses boat in NJ. Mine will be for sale in the spring...have another baby on the way...
Old 11-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the end of the Day...These guys will always be a great part of offshore racing..Like it or NOT...
Old 11-15-2010, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

An addict has to make that first bad decision. A decision THEY are responsible for. Like the little lady said.. "Just say no."

Sal, Willy and Gus were NOT street dealers... you understand this right? They were smugglers.

Before the drugs, the magoons, Lanniers, etc...etc. were just guys who were having a good time in the open ocean. It was the drug trade that put Cigarette on the financial map and Miami Vice on television screens across the country which is how many of today's followers were introduced.
You are right about an addict, they cannot pick up that first drug/ or alcoholic that first drink...

As far as the polularity of offshore boat racing/and Cigarette type boats, Miami Vice helped with that, no question, but it did not, and never did build the sport. Betty Cook, Pepe Nunez, Wally Harper, ..... legend racers, not criminals, and that type of racer helped build the sport; but in all fairness to your point, George Morales was a great offshore racer too, and he was a colorful character. So I do understand your position.

With repsect to your question, "do I understand that Magluta was not a street level dealer", the answer is YES. I am a criminal defense attorney. I know what went when on here with respects to the charges and dispositon from genereal reading... drug distribution and drug wholesaling....that is still being a drug dealer in court in a court of law, no need to flower up the desciption of what they did, call it what it is, and what it amounts to is a greater length of prison sentence. That sums it up. I am up to speed now. I represent drug dealers, murderers (just once), DWI and other criminal defendants..so I do know a little about the judicial system (in New Jersey).

Are you T. Rafael Cimino, the novelist? Author of the novel Mid Ocean? That would certainly explain your positon and thought pattern in regards to this topic. From the reviews online about the novel, Mid Ocean does sound like a good read.

Last edited by Smarty; 11-15-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All recorded court documents will hold whatever the prosecuting atty: wants the judicial system/media to read and know..Does this justify the TRUTH...Far From It...

Paper will allow one to write what they want...

Old 11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by joefitness123
All recorded court documents will hold whatever the prosecuting atty: wants the judicial system/media to read and know..Does this justify the TRUTH...Far From It...

Paper will allow one to write what they want...

Unless a person is there to witness an event/crime first hand the rest is bullsh*t/speculation. And even with first hand observation, the facts can get distorted, and or revised (revisionist history). There is much more to this but the discovery (factual evidence against a defendant) does paint a full picture of the allegations, and the facts that surround the allegations. It is not as slanted as you seem to believe it is (the truth).

The truth....it is somewhere in between, from what the defense council presents, and what the prosecution alleges. Sometimes, the prosecution is dead-on accurate in their charges against a defendant, through eye-witness accounts, and other evidence. I see it Monday through Friday...

Enough of this, time to watch the Eagles beat the Redskins...see you at halftime.

Quick Reply: SAL~Miami cocaine kingpin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.