Notices

SAL~Miami cocaine kingpin

Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
You are right about an addict, they cannot pick up that first drug/ or alcoholic that first drink...

As far as the polularity of offshore boat racing/and Cigarette type boats, Miami Vice helped with that, no question, but it did not, and never did build the sport. Betty Cook, Pepe Nunez, Wally Harper, ..... legend racers, not criminals, and that type of racer helped build the sport; but in all fairness to your point, George Morales was a great offshore racer too, and he was a colorful character. So I do understand your position.

With repsect to your question, "do I understand that Magluta was not a street level dealer", the answer is YES. I am a criminal defense attorney. I know what went when on here with respects to the charges and dispositon from genereal reading... drug distribution and drug wholesaling....that is still being a drug dealer in court in a court of law, no need to flower up the desciption of what they did, call it what it is, and what it amounts to is a greater length of prison sentence. That sums it up. I am up to speed now. I represent drug dealers, murderers (just once), DWI and other criminal defendants..so I do know a little about the judicial system (in New Jersey).

Are you T. Rafael Cimino, the novelist? Author of the novel Mid Ocean? That would certainly explain your positon and thought pattern in regards to this topic. From the reviews online about the novel, Mid Ocean does sound like a good read.
Yes, that would be me. Thanks for the kind words... Now available on Kindle... had to elaborate on the plug.

Last edited by MidOcean; 11-15-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Yes, that would be me. Thanks for the kind words... Now available on Kindle... had to elaborate on the plug.
I intend to purchase your book, Mid Ocean. It has/had positive reviews, and I will always support an OSO brotheren, with their products and services. I may not agree with everyone's opinion, but that is not a big deal to me.

You keep writing great books, I will buy them. I wish you the best in sales and success.

Stephen

Screw waiting till halftime, the Eagles are kicking the sh*t out of the Reskins, 28-0 and it is still the first quarter.

Last edited by Smarty; 11-15-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone remember the big name Georgia Boat Builder that paid about 30-50Mil to the feds to settle old questionable dealings? (and stay out of jail) Probably 10-15 years ago.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MARK BENTLEY
Does anyone remember the big name Georgia Boat Builder that paid about 30-50Mil to the feds to settle old questionable dealings? (and stay out of jail) Probably 10-15 years ago.

I don't remember one in Ga But I Do remember one in Miami in the Mid to late 80's that had that problem, He ended up building them boats that ate up ALL his Profits and his Buisness....(that was their plan)
Old 11-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buck Pegg
Old 11-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was Monterey boats. Still making boats also.