Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Faring Project For Excalibur (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42023-faring-project-excalibur.html)

Fast Shafts 01-27-2003 02:09 PM

White,
Thanks for your help/suggestions! Looking forward to seeing photos of completed project.
BOB G.

glassdave 01-27-2003 05:05 PM

looks great man . . .did you have any luck finding the seal you were looking for.

Audiofn 01-27-2003 09:03 PM

Looks good. What are you going to put under it btwn the faring and the boat?

Are you going to put something inside or is that the finished look?

As you may know I have been doing the same thing myself with Chart and it has been a strugle so if you got it done for that much then you are LUCKY!!!! :D:D

Jon

WHITE-DIAMONDS 01-27-2003 09:06 PM

Glassdave, yes I did.....as most people know their are tons of BLACK seals/weatherstrip/molding but next to none that is WHITE. I finally found, of all obvious places Lowe's, a WHITE extreme temperature weatherstrip. It is 5/16" thick and 19/32" wide and comes in 10' lengths. It has an adhesive back and remains flexable from -40F to 140F. I think it will be the perfect seal to put between the faring and boat. For one to eaz up the tension where their might be a bit more gap and two to act as a sealant to keep the water out of the cockpit. Crazy enough the crap is made right here in Oklahoma!!

For anyone else that might need it:
M-D Building Products, Inc.
Oklahoma City, Ok 73118
Consumer Hotline:
1-800-348-3571
www.mdteam.com

or just go to your local Lowes.

:D

WHITE-DIAMONDS 01-27-2003 09:14 PM

Jon, yep that will be the finished look as far as before the powder coat. The finish is as clean on the inside as out, the only areas that look a little "fabricated" are the front three corners where they welded extra braceing. It is just a few spot welds down a flat metal strip in each of the three corners. I think it will all look very finished and clean looking inside and out once the powder coat is applied.

Good luck to you and Chart, I have been keeping up with your progress. I think your faring will look nice once complete. Best of luck to you two!

Spencer

Madcow 01-27-2003 10:07 PM

It mite be a little late to ask, but will you be able to see over that thing when you sit down? I only ask because I made that mistake on a 30 Scarab a few years ago. Looks like they did a nice job though. When I had mine made in 99 it cost about $400.00.

WHITE-DIAMONDS 01-27-2003 10:28 PM

yep, not by much though, being 6' 2" does help......but being that I very rarely ever sit while I am driving, it really was not too much of a concern. But anyone out there planning on doing this same project, that is a very good point Madcow brought up! Not good to drive blind.:crazy: