If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Ideas???

My Boats:
    1987 Apache Scout

Readers rides are cool.Hot Rod used to pick up a cheap car and do a build up on a budget.Maybe you could do something similar with a boat?How to articles,driving tips,maintenance,etc are always interesting to read.Of course show the big boys and their turbine powered Skaters! I always wished Hot Boat would publish annual compilations of their outboard tech and stern drive columns.Lots of good info but sometimes hard to track down where you saw it.

Phoenix, AZ

Thanks Jimmyz27 & Too Old

These are some more great ideas. I have forwarded them on to the editor. I really like the build up on a budget and boating destinations, guys.

Thanks Again

Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    1982 KV Scarab
    7.5mm LOTO
    I like the idea of spotlight on a readers ride or test run on an older boat as well as some new, but older stuff is still everywhere and lots of people run the olders cigs, apaches, and scarabs that look in "new" condition.
    And smaller events or hot spots that attract people to certain destinations (winter runs, spring breaks, holiday weekend vacations). Like following a group around for parties and poker runs for the weekend.

Looking forward to the mag!

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    fuel injection, superchargers
    PA and MD

1) Take an average boat like Baja 25' and try it with different props- pitch and blades-3,4,5. Then try with 2" shorter lower unit. Do this every month on a different boat!

2) Take someones boat and test it and make it faster. Show before and after.

3) test speed difference of GPS and pilot tube speedo.

4) Speed difference with offshore water pickups

5) Invest in Land and Sea propshaft dyno and let owners guess their HP and then test actual HP.

6) Before and after thru hull exhaust

7) Exhaust manifolds shootout!!
    Cobra Terminator 3000, single engine 30' true tunnel cat
    Home of the "ON-BOARD-DYNO"
    Stellings Bravo Extension Box with a built-in DYNO!
    Reads 0-1000HP and 0-1000TQ in the water, on the fly, while you drive!
    Search OSO 'on-board-dyno pictures" for details.

VIP Member VIP Member
    My Boats:
    Go for a ride inTomCat

My Boats:
    95 Formula 336 SR1 525SC's
    Holland, Mich
    or have a "win a ride in Tomcat" raffle

do a "are you really a gearhead" tech test., engine specs and boating history, etc

we have some good ones on archive posts

st. clair shores mi ,us
    I like the idea of taking a average boat and trying to make it faster ! I will voluteer mine for a 2" shorter lower !! We can A/B that.

I would also like to win a ride in "tomcat" although that boat is so beautiful I'd be afraid to just board the thing.

Rob ,
    Here's a question for you ... Who is Betty Cook ? Hopefully you can answer that one !!

Platinum Member Platinum Member KAAMA's Avatar
    My Boats:
    A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!
    Western Michigan

Thumbs up Thanks for asking us!

Looks like the guys have given you lots of good ideas---here's a few more suggestions.

How about LOTS of engine building articles??? There are TONS of smaller not so well known shops building and dynoing engines all the time everywhere! It would be nice to see more dyno test comparisons from one part to another.

Also testing some of these Bravo One aftermarket shops. Using the same boat and engines only just switching the drives such as Max Machine Worx, IMCO Extreme SC, Teague Platnum, Billet Marine, etc, etc. Do a tear down of each drive IF it survives and see who's really WHO in the Bravo drive arena.

Whatever story/article you do please do not be vague about the info. People want to KNOW as much info from reading the acticles without feeling like they still have a ton of questions afterwards and please be very forward with end results. And LOTS of pictures with captions speaks volumes!!!

Last edited by KAAMA; 01-30-2003 at 12:27 AM.
    Thank God for the U.S. Marines!
    ...I'm still a student.

If anyone has any ideas you would like to see in a upcoming issue
    Yep our poker run on Aug. 16 2003. This will be the first annual" Liguid Jungle Poker Run" put on by the Upper Mississippi Power Boaters. It will cover 81 miles most of which will be on lake Pepin. We are starting with a 65 boat limit. But we feel we will recieve many more entry and may raise that number later. All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society. Hows that for a free plug

[email protected]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12