Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don't drive your boat on our golf Courses (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42546-dont-drive-your-boat-our-golf-courses.html)

G-Force 02-04-2003 01:11 PM

Originally posted by MitchStellin
What a dork. I bet they gave him extra for leaving his fenders out:eek: :D
LMFAO!!:D :D :D

Duchess 02-04-2003 01:29 PM

A lot of us LOTO boaters knew Chuck Thompson and saw the boat on the course the morning after it happened - it was crazy! Not to defend his irresponsibility here, but he was newly divorced from his wife at that time and REALLY in a bad place. The story I heard was that he was down in the cabin with one of the girls and had let the other girl drive the boat.

Jeff 02-04-2003 02:06 PM

I bet the club was pissed when the crane drove the course to move it. That must have been funny to see a boat that you knew parked on the course. I'm still lmfao.

KCHOTBOAT 02-04-2003 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
no crane

Johno 02-04-2003 04:13 PM

Duchess,
Down below with one of the girls ....Surprise surprise

HyperBaja 02-04-2003 04:32 PM

Why would they move it? Put a put-put portion over there and have that as one of the obstacels!!!

PhantomChaos 02-04-2003 04:40 PM

Gee.........I can see why you guys really boast about LOTO. That lake looks huge. (yeah right) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

chromecat 02-04-2003 06:09 PM

good pictures of the sea ray... the blood that was in the boat isn't visible though... i was there boating with a buddy when we heard about it. we were leaving that morning but took the ride to the golf course to check it out. was unbelievable

Von Bongo 04-18-2003 12:53 PM

Jail for boat wreck

County time assessed for driver of boat that landed on golf course

By Joyce L. Miller

LAKE OF THE OZARKS - The Camden County Prosecuting Attorney got what he asked for - a stiff sentence for a Holts Summit man who fled after running his 44-foot cruiser aground on a lakefront golf course and left two injured passengers behind.

Leonard Thompson has been ordered to serve 18 months in the Camden County Jail and pay $6,000 in fines for felony leaving the scene of an accident and negligent operation of a boat.

Thompson was sentenced earlier this week by Judge James Franklin. The charges stemmed from a July 29, 2000, accident that injured two passengers.

Thompson was convicted following a four-day jury trial in February. The jury recommended an 18-month sentence: one year for leaving the scene and three months on each of the other two charges. Sentencing guidelines for leaving the scene and negligent operation allow the court to impose the fines.

Franklin upheld the sentencing recommendation but ruled that the three sentences would be served concurrently. Franklin also temporarily set aside the $5,000 fine and gave Thompson a few days to raise the money for his appeal bond.

According to testimony during court proceedings, Thompson lost control of his 44-foot Sea Ray, and ran aground at a high rate of speed on the 15th hole of the Porto Cima Golf Course at the 16-mile marker. The 10-ton boat hit the shoreline with enough momentum to drive it onto the golf course.

Thompson left the wreck on foot, leaving behind two injured women he had met just hours before the accident.

The women used a cell phone to call for help.

Thompson was located later in the day at the home of a relative on Shawnee Bend.

The women said the only time they saw Thompson after the wreck was after he jumped off the boat and ran across the golf course.

During the trial, Camden County Prosecuting Attorney Jim Icenogle asked the court to impose a stiff sentence to send a clear message that irresponsible behavior is not going to be tolerated on Lake of the Ozarks.

Waterfoul 04-18-2003 02:06 PM

FOUR!!!!!