Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fastest V-Bottom Period (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42755-fastest-v-bottom-period.html)

THEJOKER 02-10-2003 01:58 PM

just the facts...we'll see

First of all I have no problems w/ Velocities or Steve Stepp(or any boats mentioned on this thread) - but Velocities (2) star racers - Bob Bull and Scotty McCormick have just jumped ship to a Cig Gladiator in SVL Twin in APBA. I guess we'll see what mfg runs best all round in the flat and rough - BH

bobby daniels 02-10-2003 05:17 PM

Originally posted by 388Hustler
Are you guys saying a 38' Fountain is the same size boat as my 388 Slingshot? They both have swim platforms. I'm not sure I follow you.

If I glued a yard stick coated with fiberglass to the bow of my boat, would that make it 41'?????

same size ,swim platform on both , fron t of both boats unusable ,,,,weight about the same !!!

Jeff 02-10-2003 05:56 PM

sorry my bad, I thought it said,"fastest V-bottom period?'

THEJOKER 02-10-2003 06:29 PM

oops........

Me too - what the hell they're all fast - BH

39 Unlimited 02-10-2003 08:28 PM

35 Nordic 90 GPS w/500efi's best 90 mph value. Boat looks good drives good and lots of cabin room.

Pantera1 02-10-2003 08:39 PM

Here is the fastest V bottom

Viola

388Hustler 02-11-2003 07:08 AM

I'm sorry Bobby but I will have to disagree.

Yes, they both have swim platforms, but the Hustler has a lot more "usable" space. Have you ever been in the cabin of a 388? There is no comparison, not even close. The Fountain has at least 2-3' less space in the nose...

Strip Poker 388 02-19-2003 11:36 PM

does any body have or know somebody with a newer 37 outerlimits with the steps with stock 500efi or hp carbs motors and whats the speed?no race boats.

KAAMA 02-20-2003 12:45 AM

The Nordic DOES fly for sure! I went for a ride on one that did 91mph on a GPS with 4 of us guys in the boat with a pair of 500EFI's. This was done in the end of March where air degree temps were roughly in the 30's. I was very impressed with the speed for that kind of power, but what I am NOT impressed with is the engine pits on the Nordic and some of these boats! I wonder how you can even change spark plugs!!! A person has to almost be able to stand on his head in order to pull simple maintenance operations on some of these boats! Adaquate cabin space is nice, but really----who spends a ton of time in the cabin anyway? Personal preference I'm sure. I enjoy tinkering with my engines and the ENGINE COMPARTMENT is one of my major concerns when it comes to space. Especially when it's hot out when one needs to get at or check something within the engine compartment. I am usually NOT in the mood for a tight engine compartment to where you practically need a can opener just to pull a dipstick or perform normal routine maintenance. For example, I know of a guy who bought a 35' Nordic and wanted to install a pair of custom naturally aspirated engines in the boat and it turned out to be somewhat of a nightmare for him. Even with stock Merc engines the Nordic makes a very tight fitting engine compartment as well as some of these other boats---but they DO fly!

Jassman 02-20-2003 06:53 AM

And I had a good freind with a 2002 OL and 675's and it did only 94, and those are actual speeds. my .02:)

A.T. has a fast bottom, their 37avh with 500's have seen 87-88, but I don't believe them to be the fastest, but in the rough stuff they definetly kick some ass. To me it all depends on that exact layup of that boat, and to make it fair if all the boats were the same size, and if the same driver drove each boat in the exact same conditions, that will never happen, so its very hard to say who has the fastest bottom, alot of great boats out there that are fast, its great for competion as well as sales.:D