If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    Being a firefighter, I have seen and heard this and similar stories too many times. Here is a sure fire bet on checking/changing those batteries:

Change your batteries EVERY YEAR, TWICE a YEAR; when you change your CLOCKS.

(You do not have to throw them out, stick them in the remote or video game.)

Great idea, thanks for chiming in, I hope people can learn from this, myself included. Just such a horrific deal......uuuggghhhhhh

Lawrenceburg IN USA
    I heard about that fire I think. That sucks I will keep them in my prayers.

Edison, NJ, USA
    Sure makes ya look at your own life and realize, no matter how bad things get, in all the everyday bull****. As long as you have your health and your family and loved ones are healthy, everything could be overcome with a little determination. GOD BLESS never ever quit.

SummerOb, you asked about the memorial, it is Saturday 1-3:30. Thanks for all the thoughts guys, just don't confuse my sorrow for their horrific tradegy. Seeya, Allan

Sydwayz Too
    I am extremely sorry and sad to read such a tragedy. I truly feel for the family.

Just a note I also want to drop. Some old houses don't have smoke detectors at all. If you are renting or owning a house make sure you have a smoke detector in every level of the house. I had to purchase smoke detectors for the house I am living in, the landlord didn't think it was necessary!!! If anything happens I will be the one that suffers the most.

My deepest sympathy for your friends.

Charter Member #94 Charter Member Gordo's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Active Thunder 25' Factory 1 Race Edition
    New Port Richey, FL
    Even the strongest of men experience times that will put a lump in your throat and make you blink your eyes fast to keep from crying.
    My heart goes out to the mother and the family.
    And thanks for bringing this story out to the public.
    Last edited by Gordo; 02-22-2003 at 08:35 PM.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Jassman's Avatar
    My prayers go out to the family, its very hard losing a loved one, god bless you. Being a contractor of res. homes, we use smoke detectors w/battery backups in all bedrooms, hallways, and kitchens, fires scare the hell out of me for more reasons than one, thank you for the story. Building composite fishing and pleasure catamarans.

Thanks...............nice memorial service today, family is in excellent spirits considering.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12