Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Absolutely aweful story, please learn from this >

OT: Absolutely aweful story, please learn from this

Notices

OT: Absolutely aweful story, please learn from this

Old 02-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Allan4

Default OT: Absolutely aweful story, please learn from this

I have been torn on whether to post this, it is something you don't go around talking about, and something that has had me horribly upset since hearing the news. I decided to post this for 3 reasons.

1. Remind everyone that in daily life typically they have minor problems, exceptions ofcourse, and should reconsider what they complain about or become frustrated with.

2. Remind everyone to check their smoke detectors TODAY. Also, your Cabon Monoxide detectors TODAY.

3. Ask for prayers for this family.

I am not going to use their names. A family I am very well aquianted with has suffered an aweful tradegy. The mother is in her 50's and has raised her 3 sons thru some very, very tough personal times. Divorice, health and personal issues, etc. More than any family shoud endure. The sons have all turned out to be FABULOUS people. People you are proud to know, people you like to be around, people who see the goodness in everything. Some of the nicest, kindest people I know. That is why this is so hard to fathom. THe youngest son was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy about 10 years ago or so. All three sons are very athletic (oldest is a fire fighter, middle is a personal trainer and body builder), played all sorts of sports. Infact, thru sports and lifting is how I became good freinds with them.

Anyway, the youngest son developes MD. He eventually had to resort to walking with a cane about 4-5 years ago, at the age of 22 or 23. Just the nicest kid. He had tremors and became kind of fraile, but he always smiled, always was happy, courteous, and a joy to be around. Always. Eventually he was forced into a wheel chair and had to move back home with is mother, the nicest person on the planet. They were trying so hard to treat his MD, but they were losing the battle and spending every penny they had. He could still talk and think, but had problems with tremors and walking.

Oh man, this makes me sick.......anyway, Friday night a fire broke out in the mother's house, where the son was living. She tried in vain to rescue her son, but the attempts failed. They found his body curled up in the fetal position next to the door. He burned to death. He evidently had tried desperately to exit the house, but was unable. The mother could do nothing. To make matters worse, the house is almost totally destroyed, along with all the mothers personal things. THey have lived there since I can remember, atleast 20 years.

That is about as far as I want to say, just please do the 3 things I mentioned above, your life depends on it. The family needs prayers, many prayers. I do not feel I should post their names, sorry. But they are my friends, that should be sufficient. God Speed, Allan4

Old 02-18-2003, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allan4: I don't know what to say other than I am deeply sorry for your and the families loss. I say "your loss" because these are people you obviously admire. People like that are becoming increasingly harder to find these days.
Godspeed.
If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate.
Will you post memorial info?
Old 02-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Allan4

Kind words, greatly apprecited, but I don't want anyone feeling bad for me. I have suffered only a little. It is the family I feel for. Please, do not sympathize for me, I am just the messenger who is lucky enough to know these great folks. I talked to the middle brother yesterday, the memorial date has not been picked yet, I will post the date when it is determined. I am fine, just very upset and sorrowful.....but life goes on. It is them I feel for, but they are very strong.

Glad to see your pilot friend is okay!!!

Thanks, Allan

Old 02-18-2003, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A terrible loss. They are in my thoughts.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good advice, Allan....It's something most of us probably don't think about often enough.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Man ! That brings it home. You see these things on the news
but knowing the whole story realy brings it home !!!

So sorry for the familys loss {and youres}
Old 02-18-2003, 02:51 PM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trajic story. Prayers for the family. Sometimes you wonder why the Good people suffer so long.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Registered

I may as well not post anything because I have no words to describe how saddening that is. It seems obvious that we are not to understand gods will. Such a shame. I'm sorry.
Martin.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Very sorry to here this ......... God bless the family .
Old 02-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Terrible. Best wishes for all involved.
I'll check the smoke and CO detectors now.

Quick Reply: OT: Absolutely aweful story, please learn from this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.