Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Smugglers and Speedboats", the Don Aronow story, Wed 10pm, A&E Network (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44582-smugglers-speedboats-don-aronow-story-wed-10pm-e-network.html)

Sean 03-05-2003 10:11 PM

BROWNIE is officially a celeb!

Good stuff Brownie...I enjoyed the show and yeah...it appeared to be based on Harris' book...:rolleyes: but used alot of photos out of Michaels book. I wonder what he thought about the program? I think the family wasn't too pleased with Harris' book whenit came out...

they also seemed to use alot of the same footage over an over...still and all, I thought was an interesting program...

THRILLSEEKER 03-05-2003 10:17 PM

Well, wether or not their version was the true story....it was still interesting to watch:)

Magicfloat 03-05-2003 10:25 PM

Harris' book got a lot of heat but I still believe it to be the best account of everything that happened. Read it for yourself and decide,copies can be found with some searching,definetly worth reading

Sydwayz 03-05-2003 10:37 PM

Interesting show. I enjoyed it.

500hps 03-06-2003 06:49 AM

DID ANYBODY HAPPEN TO RECORD THIS ? IF SO WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO PURCHASE A COPY. THANKS TOM

GLH 03-06-2003 06:53 AM

Originally posted by Spitfire1
Its really amazing that someone hasnt made a movie out of this story yet......unreal...........and I dont mean a B movie either.....this story has it all.........what characters...
I think I read somwhere they were looking at Tom Cruise to play DA in a movie. Wasn't DA 6'3" as they said in the A&E program.

Also I remember seeing a made for TV movie about this with the Black Thunder Contract boat deal going south and DA returning the "on the table cash" and not the "under the table" monies. This movie was a little cheesy (made for tv) I remember seing this in the early 90's in FL.

Ike 03-06-2003 07:00 AM

Originally posted by 500hps
DID ANYBODY HAPPEN TO RECORD THIS ? IF SO WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO PURCHASE A COPY. THANKS TOM
Tom call me.

THEJOKER 03-06-2003 07:19 AM

# 29 Extreme

Anybody see the picture of Rick Turmel's Extreme in the background during one of the interviews? BH

They also left out Myer Lansky and other facts - the USA Racing Cats were slow and broke often also - the show was just ok - my .02

C_Spray 03-06-2003 07:40 AM

Three comments:

1) All the guys they interviewed - Phil Lipshutz, Brownie, Richie Powers, John Crouse, etc. came across as very intelligent and professional people. This will help performance boating's image in a lot of ways. Good job, fellas.
2) Whatever the "true" story is, maybe it's best if it doesn't come out.....
3) What about Kramer's little "helicopter tour" prison escape attempt. Am I just dreaming that, or did they leave it out?

wannabe 03-06-2003 07:53 AM

Ike, I want a copy too!!!

email me where to send a check!

use my pm box please.

Wannabe