Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   24' Cigarette Fire Fox vs 24' Banana Boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46751-24-cigarette-fire-fox-vs-24-banana-boat.html)

Hang Time 27 04-27-2004 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This motor went 500 hours then ran dry - no water - on a beach for 1 hour till it's death.....

Hang Time 27 04-27-2004 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what it all looks like now........

Wear your kill switch !!

JGB 04-27-2004 11:59 AM

When did that happen and how?

aero-offshore 04-27-2004 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I belive this is also a knock off.

CONDOR24 04-27-2004 02:32 PM

i have a 24 ft Condor, custom built in 1990 in miami ,that has the same rounded fairing in post 60, but they also added a lexan windsceen for a higher deck appearance, probably because the boat has bolster seats, my hull (7 ft beam )also has the 4in flat pad on the keel. it is currently in for a custom paint job along with raising the x dimension on the transom. this is cool to see other similar hulls, i 'm the only one like it in my area,other than the superboat

JUSTONCE 04-27-2004 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my 79 excalibur is very similar to the one in post 60 but not nearly as nicely updated yet. It is nice to see how good it could look. Maybe iI will have to do some mods here.:)

Air Dog 04-27-2004 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice looking rigs guys.

What is a jaws by P&D. Is that a good boat or just a splashed hull?

IHang Time 27 - I relly like your Excalibur. I looked at one when I couldn't find a Banana boat.

It was early eighties, mint condition. Very low freeboard on those boats. I liked it though.

Banana has an 8 foot beam.

A friend went to buy the Banana called "bottoms up".

apparently the owner owes the marina about $9000 in storage fees over the years, so he is trying to sell it an get his money back.

Both engines run, but I guess the condition is a bit rough.

It almost looks like the Team Banana race boat from 1987.

magnum27 04-27-2004 03:50 PM

24 went to Monza for a couple years, then Python used it 80's - 90's . All had the same hull, with monza making only a small change to deck, and Python using major changes to the deck.

Python also built a boat called a Vector which was the same boat with the curved wind fairing. After I think about 88 Jim only offered the Python with the windshield. Cobra also built the same boat in the late seventies to early eighties. Actually the molds for the Vector Python came from Cobra. I am not sure if Python is building boats anymore.
Python also built a splash of the Chris Craft "Chris Cat". He only built I think less than twenty of them. These were built in the mid eighty's.

rchevelle71 04-27-2004 03:51 PM

Originally posted by Air Dog
Nice looking rigs guys.

What is a jaws by P&D. Is that a good boat or just a splashed hull?

IHang Time 27 - I relly like your Excalibur. I looked at one when I couldn't find a Banana boat.

It was early eighties, mint condition. Very low freeboard on those boats. I liked it though.

Banana has an 8 foot beam.

A friend went to buy the Banana called "bottoms up".

apparently the owner owes the marina about $9000 in storage fees over the years, so he is trying to sell it an get his money back.

Both engines run, but I guess the condition is a bit rough.

It almost looks like the Team Banana race boat from 1987.

Never heard of a Jaws by P&D????

They are made by lorequin marine, but maybe they were made by P&D at one time, I tried looking for the same answer, and came up empty handed. I have looked at a few, same kinda deal as far as I could tell, pretty bare though.

rchevelle71 04-27-2004 03:53 PM

Originally posted by magnum27
24 went to Monza for a couple years, then Python used it 80's - 90's . All had the same hull, with monza making only a small change to deck, and Python using major changes to the deck.

Python also built a boat called a Vector which was the same boat with the curved wind fairing. After I think about 88 Jim only offered the Python with the windshield. Cobra also built the same boat in the late seventies to early eighties. Actually the molds for the Vector Python came from Cobra. I am not sure if Python is building boats anymore.
Python also built a splash of the Chris Craft "Chris Cat". He only built I think less than twenty of them. These were built in the mid eighty's.

YES, Python is still around,

Well, at least their web site is

http://www.pythonboats.com/