Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   US Marshals selling 38 Topgun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47560-us-marshals-selling-38-topgun.html)

Sydwayz 04-14-2003 03:11 PM

Wannabe,

You post this at 4:06 pm EST?????

BLee 04-14-2003 03:20 PM

Did you guys see the Magnum on there? 54ft now thats a steal.

wannabe 04-14-2003 04:06 PM

Sydwayz

Hey sorry, got tied up in a meeting until 3:55 pm EST. I had emailed last week and they left me an email I got at work today. Tried to talk the better half into it before the meeting. She pointed out all these aforementioned items plus a few others issues with our current situation (too many horses and no one buying). So I passed on it and didn't have time to post this. The bosses sign my checks so i gotta keep them happy first.

There will always be "great deals" coming along, and with economic conditions as there will be many others. This boat needed cockpit work, no trailer, and all the other hidden things you don't find out till later.

Wannabe

PS. They also said if the guy from last week brought in the check the US MArshalls might sell it to him, so it was a crap shoot at best.

Sydwayz 04-14-2003 04:15 PM

Eh, no biggie.
:D :D
We just blew the wad on downpayment on acreage and our log home anyhow. It sure would be sweet to have a 38'er at a steal though.

CAP071 04-14-2003 04:18 PM

what do you think the honest re -sale price would be 4 that boat ?

wannabe 04-14-2003 04:25 PM

Cap,

I have seen 1999 Top Guns advertised at 139k-169k, not many 1995 or 96 though. NADA gave it Low at 72, avg 108. The market is real soft. 90 k, Tonto had the Chief for sale alst week at that price but 800 hp motors and 3a's require a lot of mainteneace (read $).

Realisitically this boat would go for 105-120 depending on condition etc.

A trailer to fit that monster is at least 7k new.

I need a drop in and go boat, natural asp. motors, and probably 28-31 ft given I am new at Offshore (experienced single engine driver).

Sigh...

Wannabe

CAP071 04-14-2003 04:28 PM

True sighhhhhhhh

I just want more than my 28 sunsation will give me at this time!:D :D :D :D

Von Bongo 04-14-2003 08:57 PM

Originally posted by ragtop409
It sold for 98 k Rag's
Dirt cheap compared to what is being asked for them..:(

someone got a great deal assuming it wasn't trashed

Dave1972 04-14-2003 09:28 PM

I haven't seen the boat but placed another bid today. Was told that there was an issue with the guy who originally had the high bid. National Liquidators told me that they gave all the information to the US Marshalls and that they would sort it out (if they wanted to continue to deal with this guy). Would be nice if my bid went through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what the interior is like but have heard that the motors have only 20 hours of run time on them since new. Should be a nice dependable set-up for the high bidder.

If I win, I will definitely be posting any and all information about it!!!!!!