Notices
View Poll Results: have you ever left the plug out?
yes
43.56%
no
56.44%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

ok , im an idiot

Old 05-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ok , im an idiot

Damn this over two years old But I can honestly report to all that steve is still with Pam, whom I had the pleasure of sharing some cocktails with the past few weekends. They are good pair and alot of fun to hang out with
Old 05-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Registered

Once, 20 years ago. Almost sank Dad's Bass Boat. Had no bilge pump either. We just opened the throttle and both of us went to the front of the boat to get it on plane, then cruised around till it all ran out, went for a swim and put the plug in. Had a normal day skiing after that.

On the other hand, I haven't used transom straps for years now but after all the pics lately of people losing boats I will have them from now on so I will probably forget to take them off this summer.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Never forgot the plug, but have done the transom strap thing...

I also recall one night me and my girlfreind are sleeping on the boat, 4:00 AM I wake up, and just notice the cabin floor is "shiny", thinking, that's strange. Takes a minute to realize that it's a light reflecting in the water!!!!
Crank the bilge on and it's keeping up nicely, go across town to get the trailer, get back and pull the boat.
Turns out that the thru-hull water pick-up (TRS drive) had loosened from the transom and was leaking in. Easy fix, but helluva a scare at 4 in the morning, and an awful rough day at work the next day.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by OBNOXUS21
Damn this over two years old But I can honestly report to all that steve is still with Pam, whom I had the pleasure of sharing some cocktails with the past few weekends. They are good pair and alot of fun to hang out with
thanks buddy. so are you.

yes it is old. i had a sunsation when i pulled this.
ide also like to report i havent done it since.
Pam is in charge of the plug now and turned out to be quite the boater

can we let this die now

Old 05-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered

I can Honestly say 20 years later my wife has NEVER been impressed with my boating skills, or diasapointed with my sometimes lack of thereof.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Registered

yeah my to after 18yrs I did the unhook all the straps back down the ramp fast hit the brakes boat its water and keeps going I jump out balance myself running on top of the trailer get to the end jump hoping to reach the bow and rails landing on the deck, nope speard myself in the stomach bruises shaped like a v put Ididn't get wet
Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yea, I forgot to put the plug in once but I forgot to take the transom straps off too. When I figured out why I couldn't get the boat off the trailer and had to pull it back out, I felt like an idiot.

When I went to the back of the boat to remove the straps and saw all the water coming out of the drain hole I still felt like an idiot but a lucky one.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:41 AM
Registered

Dumbest thing I've ever done in a boat, was buying the boat in the first place.....
Old 05-06-2005, 06:47 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

There are those that have forgotten and thin there are the ones that will forget. Sooner or later you will cross the line. I did with a bass boat, I put the plug in about 4:30 AM then it started raining pulled the plug, Left to fish about 6:00am no plug
Old 05-06-2005, 07:03 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Can't believe I'm going to admit to this, but I have actually done this twice!
At 16 I used to come home from school and take my dad's almost new bassboat out on the river.....Had to run around a few minutes to let some water out, then jump in a install the plug.
Later at 23, just bought our first boat (27 ft cruiser) and launched it w/out the plug. As I walked back to the ramp after parking the truck I saw the bilge pump spitting water out the side. 100 yards from the boat my wife/ friends wondered why I took off running full speed back to the truck and came running back full speed. Ran right off the dock into the water behind the boat and installed the plug. Then had to explain to them what I was doing. None of them even saw the water coming out!!!

Quick Reply: ok , im an idiot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.