Notices
View Poll Results: have you ever left the plug out?
yes
43.56%
no
56.44%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

ok , im an idiot

Old 05-06-2005, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: ok , im an idiot

Man i've done this so many times I couldn't count them. I'll probably do it this weekend since ya'll brought this up!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I admit I did it before too but my pumps would cycle every 30 seconds or so keeping me a float until I could drive around to different marinas to buy one. Figures my luck being that it took the 3rd marina I stopped at that had one in stock. After that it was just a matter of diving into the cold water to install it. It was no big deal really.

Roby
Old 05-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal

I have this pic posted in my home office let me know
'this too can happen to you' 'remember the plug'
Attached Thumbnails ok , im an idiot-119192964632omsnyy_ph_2_.jpg  
Old 05-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now THAT pic is priceless!
I've never forgotten to put my plug in. In the offshore I leave the plug in the door handle on the tow rig. It rattles around so much you can't forget it. In the ski boat it sits in the cup holder next to the driver. You can't put your beer in without pulling it out.

I hate to admit this but in my younger and dmittedly DUMBER days.... I actually pulled the plug on my old ski boat. We had three fat sacs and wanted a bigger wake so I turned the bilge pump off and filled the bilge to the floor boards. Worked great untill the first time I dropped my skier. Off the throttle, bow down and a sharp U turn. All the water rushed forward and stuffed the bow HARD. I couldn't plug that bilge pump in fast enough.... Well, I'll never do that again.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Just once. I always open hatch before I fire the engine to let in some fresh air and noticed it before I ever unhooked the front strap.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I left the plug in an 18' donzi regazza one time... left it outside for about a week of rainstorms and it had about 2' of water in it... no one noticed until the trailer tires started to look low... really low

Ernie
Old 05-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Old
Never....but years ago I launched the 18 Donzi for the first run of the spring. This was in the Kenosha harbor on Lake Michigan. You have a loooong idle out of the harbor. We're getting out toward the end of the harbor and I'm talking to the two people in the boat when I suddenly realize.....damn, those through transom exhaust sure sound quiet. Holy chit! I look back and the back of the boat is really low. My thru transoms are under water. Open the engine hatch and realize the exhaust petcocks are open and most of the cooling water has been pumped into the bilge.

Yup.....sure felt like a dumb ass.
The most amazing part of this thread....other than it was dug up from a 3 year old grave is that you Fred were actually saying in post #6 that you had...and let me get this straight..a boat off a trailer, in the water,....and running??? Now thats a little far fetched don't ya think
Old 05-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Never for got the plug , but did forget the rear straps once . Also drop my 17'bowrider on the ramp years ago(about 10' from the water)
Old 05-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Left the plug out in front of the Marine police.They waited till i left the dock.The funny thing is that i wasnt drinking.Yet
Old 05-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Left my butt plug out in front of the Marine police.

Quick Reply: ok , im an idiot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.