Notices

Oceanside APBA Race

Old 05-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the race as a spectator (for the last time), and was unhappy with the number of boats.

Now with that stated, we will be at the rest of the races and are sorry we did not pull it together to be at this one.

The entire group at the race was very nice and we are happy to have joined (although writing the check to race and register the boat hurt). I do not have enough nice things to say about the people.

Scott Arden went out of his way to spend time with me, introducing me to almost everyone in the organization. Rod of Honker Cut and the guys with Bad Influence were great.

Lance spent quite a bit of time with me walking through the process and talking racing in general.

I cannot imagine a better group of guys to go racing with.

For the rest of you, stop sitting on the sidelines. I find it interesting so many people (not on the list, but at the races as well) comment on the low boat count in a very negative manner. What I find interesting is that they are obviously fans of offshore boat racing, so I would ask them why they are not putting together a team and going racing. There are affordable good boats for sale. There is the Checkor F1 that he had priced at $40,000, Dr Santiago is selling his Reindl for $45,000 not to mention Chris at Reindl will make you a good deal. I know Steve Miklos has a Corsa that could race F1 or P4 for $30,000, so don't tell me money if you can afford a 35+ foot twin you can afford to go racing.

The only way it is going to change is for individuals who have an interest to step up and do it.

Putting my money where my mouth is,
Rick
Old 05-06-2003, 10:56 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said rick.
Treadwell,
You haven't raced any of my boats yet.
pat W
Old 05-06-2003, 10:57 AM
TwisterF2

Treadwell can't wait to see you our here again. We would love someone else to race. Are you going to run F2? What kind of boat are you waiting for?