Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long) >

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Notices

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Old 05-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Diamond Jim

RonS,

I'm all for testing it out. I'm fair and would not want to sell anything that doesn't hold up to your standards. I'm not one to push anything down anyone's throat. How about I send you a sample of it and you conduct a formal review for everyone that is interested? We're new to the boating community and welcome any suggestions...there have been a few people here already that have tried and liked it, but more reviews are great...send me an email at jim@crystalguard and we'll coordinate...

Old 05-30-2003, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill I think he was referrring to Diamond Jim or Tako ... not you. 900 and some odd posts is hardly a newbie!
Old 05-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Registered

Bill, Thanks for sharing, you should not get bashed for helping us out. I hope every other member gives us input on a product good or bad! I'll take your word!
Old 05-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Registered

Bill no reference to you at all. It did sound a bit offensive after I read back. Sorry for the comment.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:37 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally posted by Diamond Jim
RonS,

I'm all for testing it out. I'm fair and would not want to sell anything that doesn't hold up to your standards. I'm not one to push anything down anyone's throat. How about I send you a sample of it and you conduct a formal review for everyone that is interested? We're new to the boating community and welcome any suggestions...there have been a few people here already that have tried and liked it, but more reviews are great...send me an email at jim@crystalguard and we'll coordinate...
Sounds like a fair offer and acceptance. An objective test forthcoming and a willingness by a company to subject their product to an outside opinion, it doesn't get any better than that

Now with that being said, I'd be more than happy to test out a beautiful new Apache and give an honest opinion, how's that for an offer Bobby S.??
Old 05-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Registered

No answers to my questions?
Old 05-31-2003, 05:51 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by formula31
Where is the coupon?
Unless they changed it, somewhere on the order or checkout page is a box for coupon.
It is there where you enter the "cg4boatlovers" code.

Milord, Zyzzyx2123, HebertNecessity:

BTW: just washed my car again after lots and lots of rain (will it ever end) car still has that "just waxed look"! Last coat of CG was before Easter.

SKEPTICS:
Just found this: Check out this thread where a guy takes an old beater Toyota and gives it the CG treatment.
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=26214

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 05-31-2003, 08:00 AM
Registered

How much is the coupon for?
Old 05-31-2003, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

<<Hebert says>>
I hope every other member gives us input on a product good or bad!

I haven't used this stuff. I've used Collinite Fiberglass Cleaner followed by liquid Fleetwax on a speedbuffer. Good stuff. Could stand an "enhancer" (glaze, polycoat, or something like this CG stuff for a better deeper shine).

AND: FYI: Good old Starbrite Marine Polish in the blue bottle does a gREAT job of removing spider crap...
Old 05-31-2003, 09:30 AM
Registered

I've used McGuires, Fleetwax, Starbrite and Biokleen. To date the best has been the Biokleen polish & sealant. I would be interested in hearing if this other stuff works but it'd have to be pretty good to talk me out of the Biokleen stuff. Compare it yourself if you want to.
http://www.biokleen.com/specials.cfm/biodegradable/ID=6

This stuff just flat out worked for me. I can honestly say it is the cats azz of boat polish and it is a heck of a lot cheaper. It saved me a ton of time. I think it was $25 bucks for 16 oz bottle but one bottle does quite a few boats.

Last edited by Zyzzyx2123; 05-31-2003 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.