Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long) >

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Notices

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Old 06-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the Biokleen on for a year so far. I am going to try the MaGuires next. I saved a section just for this. That way I can do a bit-o-comparing. Someone earlier said it pretty much has to do with the quality of your finish to begin with. All 3 of them are teflon products. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants if they all were the exact same thing.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Registered

I purchased some of the Biokleen stuff two weeks ago. I have used it with the truck I just purchased with the pic above. I am thoroughly impressed with Biokleen.

Biokleen has great engineering support too. I talked with Tim in their engineering dept. and he was a big help with questions I had in regards to the composite material on my truck. Tim is a big boater himself in the Michigan area.

I also purchased a gallon of their Qwik-Shine product for qucik detailing. Wow! Great stuff. I had several people this past weekend ask me how I got such a great shine on my boat (remember I have not used Biokleen's wax/sealant on my boat yet). Told them I washed it using Meguire's Boat Wash and sprayed light and quick with Biokleen's Qwik-Shine. Let some guy borrow some after cleaning his boat coming off the water... and he was impressed and was going to order some right away!

I am going to order some of Biokleen's vinyl cleaner and protectant today. I am hearing some good stuff from a truck website I use for info. about all there products and there is a detailer that swears by anything Biokleen sells. He changed his complete line of detailing supplies to Biokleen. That should say something about Biokleen.

Mike

Last edited by Luv-N-It; 06-16-2003 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally posted by skygod
If your deck has some oxidation (thanks to my dealer) does this stuff bring the shine back or do I need to wet sand first and then seal it with the product? This goes for either CG or BioKleen.
Thanks
See my other CG post for details, but in my case I'd say the wet sand/compund was a needed first step.

-Greg
Old 06-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally posted by audacity
We will be testing this product and others like it next week at Lake-X....stay tuned for the results!
Are you testing all the snake oil coatings on hulls for that added mph?