Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Does anybody have experience with Key Bank? >

Does anybody have experience with Key Bank?

Notices

Does anybody have experience with Key Bank?

Old 06-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had many bad experiences with them. They treat customers badly.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Sydwayz
I went with Keybank, but the IR was high. Still is in my eyes, 8.9 on a 1999 boat. What did you refi at? When I talked to them a bout 8 weeks ago about refi & cheaper payments, they said they had nothing to offer me.

5.25% is what I can re-fi at....Fees are $170....Essex has been great to work with.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I went from 7.74 to 5.65 on my 2001. They just wanted $90 from me and that was it. I was quite pleased. I will make that up in a couple months.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Registered

I have them and they wont refi me because they don't have a branch in Va. But I live in Va and did when I bought the boat, but I bought it in Md. at a dealer. They rather not have the loan then work with me. I am selling the boat and wont use them again no matter what. And they suck to deal with on the phone.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Yes...this is a familiar topic.

DO NOT -- I REPEAT -- DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH KEYBANK.

Very long story made short;

Had a loan financed with them for 9 years. Perfect payment history.

Sold my boat in November. Mid November I called Keybank and asked for proper procedure to pay-off my loan and get title transferred to new owner.

1. Was given direction by them on an acceptable form of payoff payment. Personal check would be fine. Did that. Uncashed check returned "unacceptable form of payment".

2. Called and was told information I was provided was not correct -- and to send them different form of payment. Cashier's Check. Did that. Cashier's check returned "unacceptable form of payment"

3. Called again. Told that previous two customer service reps had provided me incorrect information. Send money order. Did that. That worked.

That process took almost 4 months (additional 3 months of boat payments made by me...and interest accrued as a result. Remember....all this AFTER I had sold the boat)

When I called to complain and ask for a credit back on the interest due to their neglegence -- was told to make a written request, and that it would be considered in "committee".

Did that. Request rejected.

During all of this -- was in process of building new boat, and already had pre-approved loan from Keybank all lined-up. Loan amount apx. 6x larger than previous loan.

Needless to say I cancelled the financing.
My dealer lined me up with Firstar.
Better deal.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

LoR, you have got to be F-ing kidding me!!!! That is unbelieveable horse's ass BS. I will be calling them tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have mine through Key, the only bad thing so far is it takes them about 2-3 weeks to credit my payments from the time mailed
Old 06-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

OK, I have gone through states that have offices, and I do not have any family members in any of their states.

Just Once, rbtnt, anyone else in Ohio want to let me 'borrow' their address on the docs long enough to refi?
Old 06-09-2003, 09:47 PM
liquidlocomotive

they suck--try eboatloans .com

Old 06-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Registered

I have my boat financed through Keybank and have had pretty good service. I just refied at 5.49% by making one simple phone call to them. All I had to do was fill out a new app. for their files and that was it. I got to skip a months payment and I recieved my new payment book in 1-2 weeks. No problem so far!

Quick Reply: Does anybody have experience with Key Bank?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.