Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Alert to All N J Boaters!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53982-alert-all-n-j-boaters.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-09-2003 03:32 PM

Ron, How you guys pulled off a race out of Mentor seemed to be a miracle. The man that was there representing the marina was with the opposition the whole way! When asked about the event , he said he was sort of forced into having it. :confused: I don't know what happened there but he isn't happy with any powerboaters that's for sure. I don't think anyone would have brought out "The Bat":eek: ;) :D :D :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-09-2003 03:41 PM

Originally posted by BODYSHOT1
..so it sounds like the status-quo, right?
Maybe for now Marty.
We have agreed with a...(pardon the term)... SIT-DOWN ;)
We are going to try to negotiate things rationally with these people and see just what they really are asking for.
It has clearly been since the beginning of all of this that the powerboaters have been giving concessions and are willing to co operate fully with every demand. But the trooper while trying to iron some stuff out to make things work finally asked one of the opposition, what have you given up? There was silence...Then they responded, we shouldn't need to give up anything. We aren't breaking laws ect ect ect...
Hopefully things can be worked out this go around.
Laws haven't been broken by the powerboater's either.
Time will tell......;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-09-2003 03:54 PM

Willie DeCamp finally admits 30 mph may not be a good speed limit for the entire bay. He then tries to reinstate the idea with a 50 mph.:rolleyes:
He seemed to be more tamed at this meeting.
But of course someone else from his side took over the reigns.
We will be trying to come to an agreement with him for the sake of both sides. I just didn't care for his tactics. If he follows through with his recourse, I will then bring it to everyone's attention of who he is and what he plans to do or already have done.
So far everything was left with a handshake...;)

DaveP 07-09-2003 09:34 PM

The other piece that was a big victory for the powerboaters is the fact that now ALL marine events with more than 5 vessels MUST apply for a permit with the NJSP. This was not the case before. THIS INCLUDES ALL SAILBOAT RACES & REGATTAS!

I can't wait to hear them crying like a stuck pig :D :D

As soon as I have the sitdown with the sailing community at the NJSP Pt. Pleasant station, I will give everyone a full recap.

Peconic 07-10-2003 01:02 AM

That proposed rule ("Must have muffler. Period. No measuring.") is amazingly simple, easy to implement and enforce.

Congratulations. I that survives, it could set an example for the nation.

I'd much rather take that than CA style laws which can only be complied with with below-the-waterline exhaust.

Ron P 07-10-2003 07:01 AM

So ol Willy threatened us? And you agreed not to tell everyone until he does something else stupid?

Come on now Sharkey, spill the beans on what this nitwit wants to pull. Are all the sailboats going to be more obnoxious that usual?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-11-2003 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Ron P
So ol Willy threatened us? And you agreed not to tell everyone until he does something else stupid?

Come on now Sharkey, spill the beans on what this nitwit wants to pull. Are all the sailboats going to be more obnoxious that usual?

No, it was not Willie, but an entire group of people. We have asked one person (not Willie) in particuliar to ask them to hold off on their course of action. He said after he sees how things are going to be worked out, then they will decide whether or not they will follow through. :rolleyes:
Let's all hope for a peaceful resolve...
I am being optimistic here and will give them a chance to do the right thing. I will refrain from bashing them unless they carry out their plan.
Thinking before I leap...:frog: ;) :D so to speak... :)