Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is a 2000 32AT worth in todays market??? >

What is a 2000 32AT worth in todays market???

Notices

What is a 2000 32AT worth in todays market???

Old 07-18-2003, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a little off topic, but my concerns as a consumer/buyer are as follows. On the surface it appears as if this is a great time to buy, good deals out there because the market is soft, but is it still softening???? My reservations creep in when I ask, why would I want to expose myself more to a falling market, which is what you would be doing if you are moving up. It may be the time to ride the downslope with as little as possible exposed. Who knows, just tell me what the future holds if you could.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:40 AM
Registered

VB...you are probably correct on how people are viewing it. the engines ARE stock...seals are still there!...i TOTALLY went through the same thing prior to building this one...start to add in FULL hydraulics, the speed and performance YOU want, not what the manufacture says you will get!,,,the sound system and how you want the boat rigged/wired,,,4 person communication system,,,custom paint,,,then all the little add on's that start to add up. what about the expense of dial'n in the boat...even if you had the $$ to allot for it, how many really know how to do it or will do it?? it's a lot more than 24k difference. for those that have ridden on the boat? they are fully aware that some time went in to it...actually there is a lot more left in the hull and i can help with that for the right person...it's just not worth it to me...runs PLENTY good enough for me! but hey what do i know???
any marks vinyl leaves can be taken out with a wheel if the boat in not a faded mess. mine is all paint and well taken care of.

you can very easily cover the name with a new vinyl technology like we used on the race boat and no one would be the wiser. or i'll have all the graphics removed from the boat in a weekend so i can supply ya with a all white hull if that is what they would like.
Attached Thumbnails What is a 2000 32AT worth in todays market???-133-3347_img.jpg  
Old 07-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally posted by WRedmann
a little off topic, but my concerns as a consumer/buyer are as follows. On the surface it appears as if this is a great time to buy, good deals out there because the market is soft, but is it still softening???? My reservations creep in when I ask, why would I want to expose myself more to a falling market, which is what you would be doing if you are moving up. It may be the time to ride the downslope with as little as possible exposed. Who knows, just tell me what the future holds if you could.
Exactly the reason that I didn't step up this year. I don't believe that things have gotten any better so I'm keeping my current boat.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joey,

I also need to point out the same thing that I do to people building homes, when you start doing things that the average person doesn't need or doesn't want, do not expect to get your money back.

I will give you an example...had a customer that was upset that a she had sunk 2 million into restoring a home and the house appraised for 900K. Why? Because she had imported marble and faucets from france. The average person could care less about these things, yes it is neat and yes if two houses and boats are priced the same but one has a few more bells and whistles the one with the bells and whistles "should" have more market appeal.

Now I am not picking on you boat, please understand, this has just kind of become a general buyer/seller discussion, this really applies to any boat, home or car for that matter. The farther in is from the basics the smaller the marktet begins to get.

Take my boat for instance, does the average buyer want a red, white and blue paint scheme? No so my market is limited. Do most buyers care that I have ITS hydraulic steering as opposed to an add on system, probably not, but it does to me. I could go on but I think you know and understand what we are saying as well as the overall soft market.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Registered

TO...you are correct...but 65 is off the mark, he knows that...VB you are correct as well...i personally would never own a hi-perf boat without an good intercom system...the average joe would rather drink the 4k...i think about 100K is a steel for the rig...AT todd has had his up for 100k as well...maybe the same thing is going on with his boat w/painted graphics???...this is what prompted me to write this thread....i totally understand that i have narrowed my market substantially with the way i built it/rigged it.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

Joey, FWIW my wife loves your boat - unfortunately, the bank doesn't love us nearly enough to put it in our driveway!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

There are some very good points here. I'll add some thoughts or perspectives when I'm looking for a boat (some have been mentioned before)

Names: Names are for the person who named the boat, not the buyer. I need to factor in the cost of removal when I look at a boat.

Seating: I don't think anybody has mentioned this, but I prefer the traditional seating style. Your boat has side by sides, this may or may not be a factor, it would be for me.

Graphics: graphics are also very personal. You need to find somebody who wants your specific boat AND loves the graphics (or someone who can afford to change them). When I buy a boat, I usually buy the most boat I can afford, which means that I don't have any money left over for new paint.

I just sold my boat that I put a ton of work into also and was a great source of pride for me. I let it go at a price lower than I wanted because I had a serious buyer, the current state of the economy, and I didn't want to carry it over the winter. The deal was at the absolute bottom of my range, and it was a stretch for the buyer at the top of his range. This mutual acceptance closed the deal, although I wanted more and he wanted cheaper. Now I don't have a boat, but no more payments or expense. I'll get into another one in a year or so, but I'm glad we came to an agreement. Figure what your bottom line is (rock bottom) and advertise it, people will feel more comforatble with a firm price rather than messing around with something they think they can't afford even though you've made it obvious that you will consider all reasonable offers. Good luck...it's a very nice boat that has benefited from your labors. Somebody will have a fun ride...Steve
Old 07-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Registered

even considering a few trades...one i offered on a small cat but no reply yet...you right on the seating...having two people run a boat like this, in my book, is always a good idea...if nothing else, to watch gauges, push gps buttons, and navigate/spot. for the more advanced, trim the boat.

my boating needs have chaged...i love running this boat, it's a little hot rod!...but we work our asses off on race boats way too much....so more and more not really into changing oils, cleaning, waxing and all the other chit that goes with keeping up a hi-perf boat.

my ROCK bottom has to do with a person with a fist full of CASH (REAL CASH) vs messing around with a bank.

TO...your selling that fountain for 100K'ish....i mean what is someone going to buy new for 100k...a baja or sunsation TOTALLY stock?
Attached Thumbnails What is a 2000 32AT worth in todays market???-attachment.jpg  
Old 07-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Awesome boat

And worth what your asking ..However the kicker for me would be the side by side bolster/ cabin arrangement ..
Old 07-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

It's tough out there.

I've tried selling my boat with custom motors .... w/o motors ... and now with new stock warrantied motors.

Nothing

Quick Reply: What is a 2000 32AT worth in todays market???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.