Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Question for Hot Duck (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54689-question-hot-duck.html)

later 10-03-2003 08:35 AM

i looked at that boat last year in February before Todd got ahold of it. Get rid of the vinyl. there was alot of potential there, but my motivation was to go the nostalgic route. i kicked myself on the back side for not following my intuitions but at the time i just had way to much on my plate. i will be following your progress with much interest in the final results.

Dave Hughes
later

NoWake Zone 10-03-2003 11:27 AM

Is it worth it to spend MORE money, and MORE time filing suit and trying to get my money back ? Or do I just take my lumps walk away ? Some of you have listed contact info for local and state authorities. Did they offer any assistance ?

When was the last sighting of Cimmino ?
Anybody ? I tried calling him yesterday and the phone is disconnected now. I know, I know,.....Huge surprise.

Glad to hear your on the road to recovery with yours Hot Duck Looking forward to hearing your back in the water....
thanks for the insight everybody

Hot Duck 10-03-2003 02:21 PM

No Wake Zone: I have decided that it is not worth the time or money to go after him alone. I think that I am one of the lucky ones because he took me for less than half of what he stole from you. The crazy thing is that, compared to others, you and I both made out pretty well. I would, however, like to see this man stopped for good. I think that it would take a large number of us together to get anything done. Besides, if he is really out of business, what is left to get from him? I think that all we could hope for is the satisfaction of putting him out of business for good and/or jail time. That would suffice for me, just knowing that he would not be screwing anybody ever again.

As for your situation, I would say that your best hope is to go down there and meet with him face to face to get either your money or the parts and stuff that he owes you. I definitely would not go alone. Take a witness with you that will hear or, better yet, video tape the whole conversation. :D Just remember, above all, do not loose your patience with him and go off the deep end. Believe me, I know that it will be hard to do because I had to bite my tongue and suck it up when I went to get my boat. I personally think that is the only way that you will ever be able to speak with Todd. Just like he did with me, he will never come to the phone because he is always "out running errands" or just "not in right now."

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Hot Duck 10-03-2003 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Clearcut3/Later: The top picture here is what the boat looks like now with the vinyl graphics. The bottom picture is a quick photoshop hack job to see what the boat could look like plain white. The name has not been decided, but I wanted to put something there to see what it would look like. Oh yea, in case you are wondering why the trailer looks too short, the drive guard is not on in this picture. This was taken just after we pulled it out of the water.

Hot Duck 10-03-2003 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Or how about in plain white. Kinda reminds me of Lucy's boat now.

Hot Duck 10-03-2003 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Or, how about plain white with the name and number, but on a gooseneck. Oh yea, with the straps and drive guard back on too. :D Boy, it may be quick and crude, but photoshop sure is fun! :D :p :D

Panther 10-03-2003 03:07 PM

I like the white. I always like the old "Warrior" boat. All white with just a name on the side. Good luck with it!!

dlbCheckmate 10-03-2003 03:10 PM

I like the Outlaw Part, Looks great ... good luck

clearcut3 10-03-2003 04:48 PM

All white boats look great. The picture of it solid white with the Apache logo at the back looks really good. Then you could add a big arrow or warrior head later if you wanted. All white NEVER goes out of style IMO.

later 10-03-2003 05:17 PM

some where i have pictures of that boat when it was all white with a white and teal interior and a teal apache head on the side kind of simuliar to the head now. it looked alot better in IMHO but then i dont care for red or yellow.