Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Sub is up and almost running - guess how fast and win! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56177-sub-up-almost-running-guess-how-fast-win.html)

Smitty 08-11-2003 10:05 AM

How's the rebuild coming along ???

LOTO is just around the corner.:D :D

I should talk--- I need to get my motor back in the boat:eek: :eek: :eek:

G-Force 08-11-2003 11:05 AM

My mechanical genius screwed up yet again and I have to order new exhaust + risers. Won't have it until the end of this week (I hope). Can't wait to see what else he ****s up...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Sadly....my engine builder flat out told me that he couldn't even recommend anyone better in trhe area to work on the boat.
What does that tell you about the mechanics around here?:confused: :rolleyes:

Gordo 08-13-2003 04:31 PM

Do you need stock Bravo exhaust? Got two sets of used ready if you need them.
On the other hand, I can sell you new, hi performance aluminum manifolds with risers for less than what Mercury charges for the stock cast iron ones.
Give me a call if I can help.
Mike Gordon
(913) 485-3151

G-Force 08-13-2003 04:57 PM

Oh suuuuuuuuuuuuure.....now you pipe up!:D
Actually my engine builder stopped into the marina and had a heart attck when he saw my 575h.p. engines about to get the stock exhaust bolted on - something I had inquired about 3 months ago and was told, "Oh no Craig - that exhaust will be fine"...this coming from the same mechanic who said my Alpha bellhousings would be fine for my Bravo drives. :rolleyes:
Already ordered 2 pair of EMI's from Steve @ Synder Marine...had to get custom risers (6" taller than stock).
We're hoping EMI can get them out the door on Friday...delivered on Saturday....and the boat on the water for sea-trial on Sunday.
Yeah.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.:rolleyes:

Griff 08-19-2003 06:43 PM

Progress Report??????

Did you get it on the water?????

G-Force 08-20-2003 09:47 AM

Hey buddy! Got back into town last night from the left coast - didn't have my usual cell phone with me so I couldn't return your call. And Laurie knows better than to touch my cell phone when I leave it behind!:D

Current status is the EMI exhaust is supposed to arrive this morning (I'm not too wild about how long EMI took to get my stuff ready):rolleyes: and Genius Mechanic Extrordinaire is supposed to bolt it on and water test today. I told him if anything breaks he'll be wrenching in the engine compartment all the way down to LOTO.
We also have a 27' Pachanga on stand-by in case something goes wrong.
One way or the other we're comin' down!

Plan on leaving Thursday night around 10-11pm and arrive 8-9am. We want to make the Big Dicks run!

I'll call you this evening - I'm not certain if Laurie and I will be back on Labor Day - I've got a 110 ton steel press that's loading on a barge that week and I have to don my hardhat and supervise the loading and then fly out to New orleans and watch it offload. Weee-haaa, the good times just never end.:rolleyes:

Griff 08-20-2003 01:13 PM

Hopefully all goes well.

Maybe not gonna be there for Labor Day????? Wassup wit dat????

Just WTF do you think you are going to do when 110 tons starts falling anyway????:D

G-Force 08-20-2003 01:24 PM

See my new thread as far as boat status goes...

And as far as 110 tons falling....I just let it bounce off my hard head!:D

LarryD 08-21-2003 07:48 PM

a good rule of thumb
is if you increase the horsepower by say 50% one should expect about 25% increase in speed so I think you are right in the ballpark with 73 + or -

G-Force 09-08-2003 10:42 AM

It's running!

75.0 mph on the GPS...and that was under the unlearned, unloving hands of the mechanic.
I should be able to squeek a little more out of her.:D