If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    Awesome!!!!! After all the headaches with, you've got to be pretty happy. If that was right out of the box with stock props, you should definately be able to get a few more mph out.

My Boats:
    1988 32' Pachanga
    Yep - stock Bravo props. Not quite certain what I need to do to the props though. I'd like to get another 3mph just so I can say I have a true 20mph gain out of the new engines.
    I didn't have a GPS when I took her out, but I was running 4900 rpm and everything was running real smooth.
    I'm happy that I was able to take her out for a few hours this weekend but there are still a few bugs to iron out: shifters aren't working properly (had one stick in reverse for a while before I muscled it back into drive), it doesn't seem like the neutral safety switches are working, the carbs are sneezing when under heavy acceleration from a idle, causing the engines to die and my throttles now only seems to have about 6 "clicks" to them...I get a choice between idle and go like hell.

But what a difference in acceleration bewteen the old engines/drives and the new ones.

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    Sweet news dude. At least one of us is happy with our progress.

[b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Sounds good G. As for the Throttles make sure they put them back in the correct hole on the carbs. If they used the lower holes you will get the short through deal. You can ussually adjust them at the handle end as well but I am not sure what ones you have. Closer to the pivot point means you will get more through in the handles. Glad you are back in the water and it sounds like one hell of a gain!!!

Put your best foot forward!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234