Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   You pick! Whats the meanest sounding boat you have ever heard? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57791-you-pick-whats-meanest-sounding-boat-you-have-ever-heard.html)

TeamSaris 02-24-2006 12:27 PM

Re: You pick! Whats the meanest sounding boat you have ever heard?

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
For me its gotta be my grandfathers fishing boat , 1965 MFG with a 40hp Johnson! haha just kidding .

For me its any turbine boat being an ex helicopter mechanic nothing sounds better than a pair of turbines spinning at 30,000-50,000 rpm it enough to make your ears bleed!

NAH!! Nothin sounds better than a pair of whipples! Espically the 4 at 7000 in KIng Sting

wananewboat 02-24-2006 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by jaybird
Apache Warpath in Newburyport harbor a few years ago...

I flew home from KW with that guy this year and he said his neighbors call the cops when he starts the boat at his house and it makes peoples houses shake when he runs up the river.

30Spectre 02-24-2006 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
NAH!! Nothin sounds better than a pair of whipples! Espically the 4 at 7000 in KIng Sting

King Sting does sound pretty good. Ive heard it in person a few times, but, unless it doesnt hold a candle to the Sorceror.

TeamSaris 02-24-2006 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by 30Spectre
King Sting does sound pretty good. Ive heard it in person a few times, but, unless it doesnt hold a candle to the Sorceror.

Where did you see it? It sounded best a Georgian Bay because it was the first time we ran Strait Pipes. :cool:

waterheater 02-24-2006 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Titan
JC Performance's 32 Activator. Is the Baddast sounding boat around here. Freakin thing is so Loud people throw rocks at him from the shoreline while he idles out of the Canal's...

Don, i will never forget at the run last summer when he brought it up. We were all slammed when we heard it. Sounded incredible!:D:D:D

DOUBLE J 02-24-2006 06:44 PM

I would have to say Sorcerer or can you hear me now. never heard inxs but i've heard alot about it. Wazzup sounds pretty damn mean. Fountaindealer.com sounds awesome.

AIR TIME 02-25-2006 06:27 AM

like animalhouse said, the OL XXX with 1550.s or the 1st ol 42 GTX Mike built with the 1450,s at WALTERS poker run in 2002 july I WAS DOING 75 AND mike past me in mount hope bay with gtx joker 1200's in tow I got the hole shot, and was in 1st for 3minutes :rolleyes: :D they went by me at about 120 or 130 50ft away :cool: . got to love the OL'S MAN ART

berns29scarab 05-18-2006 07:00 AM

my 300x's purring behind me... :evilb:

Panther 05-18-2006 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
Bob Russel's "CAn You Hear ME Now" after we did the PSI engines for him. What an awesome ride!!!!! :D
Over 1550 HP with dry tailpipes and "tractor" style exhaust.
Dean Gellner
Gellner Engineering Marine Power

Originally Posted by animalhouse
XXX with 1550's and dry exhaust. Also new outerlimits V-47 Race boat, also BIG power and dry exhaust. You need ear plugs in front of the motors, in the cockpit, and with-in a mile of either one of these boats.

I'd have to say both of these boats running in NYC was pretty sick for me! :drink:

382 newbie 05-20-2006 08:23 AM

Its gotta be 7000 hp blown fuel. Past your ears into your chest, rattles your soul