Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stupidest question asked about your boat. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58302-stupidest-question-asked-about-your-boat.html)

Mad Hatter 09-03-2003 12:32 PM

"Is it legal?"

Me- "probably shouldn't be"

THRILLSEEKER 09-03-2003 12:46 PM

Not really a stupid question but, I do get some pretty stupid responses sometimes..... My boat sits in the water really low, and whenever I pull into a strange dock, I get asked is your boat sinking?
My reply: no it just sits that way, them: but it looks like it is sinking, me: yeah, I know but its supposed to be that way, them: its supposed to sink?:confused:

:rolleyes: One of theese days when someone asks me that, I am gonna start running around screaming OH ****! MY BOAT IS SINKING, HELP! ****! OH ****! A BIG SHARK BIT A HOLE IN MY BOAT EVERYBODY RUN!!:D :crazy:

eyezlee 09-03-2003 01:00 PM

Originally posted by Clay Washington
Well... Can you? :D
I can't or won't. But I'll drag your longhorn ass where ever you want to go as fast as I want. :) :)

Outlawcowgirl 09-03-2003 03:11 PM

When I start the boat up at the ramp at our local marina, the same lady always screams at me as I go by..."You really need to get mufflers on that thing, it's too loud."
I always say "I know, I like it loud."

WARPARTY36 09-03-2003 03:22 PM

Originally posted by eyezlee
I can't or won't. But I'll drag your longhorn ass where ever you want to go as fast as I want. :) :)
LMFAO!!! Does this mean war?

TopSpin80 09-03-2003 03:39 PM

Well one time when I was under 21 and my dad used me as his chauffeur so him and his friends could get plastered and the boat would still make it home alright. I was coming back to pick him up and I was in the boat holding on to the dock with the exhaust facing toward the club revving the blown 540 every now and then to tell him to pay the tab and lets go when this girl on the dock starts yelling at me. I shut it down and turned off the stereo. The girl wanted to know if I wanted to see her tattoos. I really had no interest and I hate having to tell people they can't have a ride. I tried to ignore her, I turned away and as I turned back She was standing there naked showing her boob and coochie tattoos. She timed it perfect too, I was looking at her as my girlfriend at the time came up out of the cabin. The girlfriend asked to go home and has not said a work to me since. Always say yes to the tattoo question, you never know where it might be located. Maybe it isn't a stupid question, but what did it have to do with boats?

ROUGH WATER 09-03-2003 04:37 PM

Originally posted by Chris232
IS that a Cigar boat ?? have to laugh my ass off every time I hear someone say that...
no s... that just happend to me, cant hardly understand the thinking,:crazy:

mr_velocity 09-03-2003 04:46 PM

"What's the joy stick for?" as they point to the mount for my handheld GPS.

sauron 09-03-2003 07:45 PM

While sitting at a gas station a guy approched me while I was filling up my 29 fountain with twin 575's and said, have you considered a Scarab. DUH

ChrisK 09-03-2003 09:08 PM

Being that I am only 28, I got the boat 2 years ago, I dont get this scenario as much as I thought I would.

Them: That your boat?
Me: yup, all mine.
Them: cool, nice boat.
Me: Thanks, I like it.
Them: When was it given to you?
Me: When I handed over the cash to buy it.
Them: You mean you parents didnt give it to you?
Me: NO....
Then I give them the eat chit and die look and walk away... fookers...