Notices

APBA membership--WTF????

Old 12-19-2003, 08:16 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jana: We did-didn't we??

Grin--

I received a Plum colored application with waiver on back. I sent in $100 with app and also was told it included APBA. Member class Offshore crew..

I also received a tan colored app from Detroit. I called Detroit as I had St Pete. Detroit stated that APBA renewal would now cost me an additiona $75 for inboard crew..

I can't remember the names (gettin old I guess) but I do remember both ladies I spoke to had colds.

For the 1st time in years I did not scan either app (my scanner is frozen or has the flu due to low temps here in Orlando..)

Thats all the info I have..
Old 12-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered

I never got an application this year from either side. I simply asked about renewing when I went to get my wristband in Orange Beach. They had a little white form (I'll see if I still kept it) that was more like a receipt. I suspect I'm going to have to pony up the $55 (in addition to what I already paid) to keep the APBA membership.
I'm just a fan who likes to be in the loop with regard to her favorite sport. All this junk is really starting to turn me off though.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Registered

Got impatient, so I just called Detroit for myself. The very nice lady up there told me that Offshore bascially lied to me and took my $100 just for themselves. Fine - if that new blue card will get me in the pits at the offshore races!
As far as the main APBA goes, I've decided to just take an Associate Membership ($25) for this year since I don't get to any of the other categories.
Bottom line - as far as memberships go, APBA Detroit IS separate from APBA Offshore.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Jana
Got impatient, so I just called Detroit for myself. The very nice lady up there told me that Offshore bascially lied to me and took my $100 just for themselves. Fine - if that new blue card will get me in the pits at the offshore races!
As far as the main APBA goes, I've decided to just take an Associate Membership ($25) for this year since I don't get to any of the other categories.
Bottom line - as far as memberships go, APBA Detroit IS separate from APBA Offshore.
Jana,

They aren't supposed to be, some of the things that were ment to keep this from happening again haven't been implimented yet as they just got agreed apon.
My question to you is do you want to keep voting rights or not because the $25 membership does not give you that.

Matt
Old 12-19-2003, 03:32 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Grin&Barrett
Jana,

They aren't supposed to be, some of the things that were ment to keep this from happening again haven't been implimented yet as they just got agreed apon.
My question to you is do you want to keep voting rights or not because the $25 membership does not give you that.

Matt
===============
WHOAAAH...

We just paid $100 bucks and can't vote?? I have gotten 5 e-mails and 2 regular mails requesting support for specific nominees (sp)..

Just who the hell or better yet what organization am I supporting when I vote (if I can) for Steve David..
Old 12-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Registered

Originally posted by gdfatha
===============
WHOAAAH...

We just paid $100 bucks and can't vote?? I have gotten 5 e-mails and 2 regular mails requesting support for specific nominees (sp)..

Just who the hell or better yet what organization am I supporting when I vote (if I can) for Steve David..
Did you have a membership for 2003 that was recognized by Detroit. If so, you are eligible to vote in the upcoming election. I just received my ballot in the mail today, they were mailed from Detroit Wed.

Matt

P.S. As for 2004 memberships see my above post
Old 12-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

APBA LLC treats the press like gold. I've never had an issue with them in any way. Just go to the press room and ask for a press pass. No money, no hassle.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Registered

Grin&Barrett: Just PM'd you with a scanned copy of my APBA Offshore receipt. This was the closest I got to a "membership form" this year.