Notices

Cop Q- Is this legal???

Old 01-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it me or do you get pulled over every other damn day ?

try moving to a city where the cops are way too damn busy to pull people like you over.

I have a lots of cop friends. They said they don't even have time to bother with small stuff
Old 01-01-2004, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Tricky919
Driving in this country is a privilege, that some people abuse so bad they end up doing Jail time for there offenses, how stupid is that? ......see my avatar, that is my son, he was driving his big wheel irratic on the side walk so I took him in and booked him. He got wise with his mouth and is now on my hit list. I can't wait until he is 16 so i can bust him and put him in jail so the state will have to feed him and cloth him, you see it will be cost effective !!!!!!
LMAO That has got to be some of the best advise....and funniest sh*t I have seen on this board.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So what is it Hyper? Were you less then 5 min from home? OR are you like Santa Claus and were going to be able to drop off all your friends at their houses and get home in 5 min? Sounds to me like he was just doing the inevitable so that he did not have to waite 5 min and pull you over then. What does your watch say, what did his watch say? Maybe your watch is not set to Central Cop time............

Jon
Old 01-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our watches were on the same time. I was 20 feet from the edge of his jurisdiction when he pulled me over.

Friend wasnt drunk, none of us had anything to drink at all yesterday.

I was on the way to dropping friends off, I was doing 5 under.

No charges, but some of this he did sounds really messed up. Following us with the lights off?!?!?!
Old 01-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

NO ONE drives 5 under uless they are drunk or stoned.........

Jon
Old 01-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

We had a curfew when I was a teen (honestly don't know whether we have one now or not).

Cops would generally drive up beside and decide if you were underage and if so, they WOULD pull you over, sniff your breath, ask about seatbelts, ask where going, and tell you to go home if nothing was amiss - usually they drove behind you at least to wherever you had to turn off the main road. Never remember anybody getting hassled too horribly unles they smartedoff or smelled like weed or beer.

My company employs guys who have been with me16 years on average. I don't have much turnover and don't have a lot of need for hiring procedures since I will only even CONSIDER somebody if they have a pedigreed local reference list of impressive quality.
Now. My Dad was involved in a business that employed a lot of skilled blue collar guys but the industry had a lot of turnover due to the gypsy mentality of these guys. One of the things that they did for every newhire, was to tell them that they were going to get a driving record on them. If the potential hire refused to consent to this, they were a goner (this exhibited a combative personality or somebody who had prefer to hide important issues fro his superior). If the report came back with significant entries, the potential hire was allowed to discuss each entry. If the hire made up ridiculous crap about them then he was determined to be a "talker" and a "distractive bull****ter". If the hire described the tickets in a bitter manner regardingthe cop, then he was determined to have "issues with respect". If he had an inordinate number of speeding and wreckless driving tickets then they were hired todrive the forklifts.

No crap, employers will take a hard look at driving records these days and can "interpret" the results into whether they consider a potential as immature or irresponsible. It matters.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Better keep on the low side and make your friends drive you around for a while!!If tis a small town and with all the run ins with the law you have had, your gonna be a prime target for them. YOu might not have done anything that time, but the next time you might have so be ready for you area a target. I know that with my shop, if a person has a bad driving record, I cannot get insurance on them to move customers cars around to the bays so those people are worthless to me, then that means one of my other installers has to or I have to so then I don't need people with bad records if I have to go do it anyway. Just lay low, drop this incident, and try and quit antaganizing the law with your antics, it will only lead to worse things as you get closer to 18 when they can haul your butt in for a few hours in the pokey!
Old 01-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Registered

I have lately stopped doing stupid things in cars. Last night I didnt do anything illegal when I was pulled over, I was going to be illegal in 5 min, but would not be in his city then.

Ive been driving within 2-3mph of the speed limit, amazing how much money you save with not paying tickets, and $ saved on gas.

Cant wait for summer, that way the boat is there for hard driving, or the tracks will be open.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just think of it this way, how many times have you broken the law and got away with it, never got stopped or got a break from a cop. I think you will find that every one of us is way ahead of the game........
Old 01-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Tricky919
Just think of it this way, how many times have you broken the law and got away with it, never got stopped or got a break from a cop. I think you will find that every one of us is way ahead of the game........
That just made way to much sense.

I am WAY WAY ahead of the game.

Quick Reply: Cop Q- Is this legal???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.