Which Apache do You Like Better? >

Which Apache do You Like Better?

Notices

Which Apache do You Like Better?

Old 01-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the wildcard. Something for a buyer to consider.

Originally posted by d-hlaw
God forbid Steve1 actually starts producing high quality boats.... then the used market will go in the crapper!!!

I guess we will all know soon enough.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Another boat that is extremely nice, and has exciting possibilities because it has 3 #6 drives and you can install your own power is Slingshots Comanche. I don't know if it is still for sale, but it is impressive!
Old 01-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally posted by sgrady
I have to disagree on a couple of points, the rare Item may demand a few more $$$, but it also is for a smaller group of buyers. Some of the prices may be inflated, but do not throw everyone in the same category. I also do not believe I have too much invested, I was giving an example. Just because a guy is upside down in a fountain and dumps it $40,000 below Market does not mean everyone is worth that. My .02 again, but I think someone asked a question and it was going down the ugly road again.

Have fun !
I don't think anyone was making a personal attack on you or anyone else. The my posts were based on broad economic facts and they were not directed toward any individuals, but rather the market as a whole. These boats are unique, and semi rare, but there are many on the market which are not moving. If they as a whole are not moving, then they MUST be overpriced (or no one is interested in the boats... we know that isn't the case). Those that are moving are priced right for people to consume. The flip side to this is there are a few collectors out there or buyers that consider money to be no object, these people will buy over priced boats... but these buyers are obviously more rare than the boats on the market.

As far as putting money into your boat or any other boat, this is a decision the owner must make. I don't think anyone here will argue that re-powering a boat is a expensive proposition which the owner will likely not recoup when the boat is sold. Like someone started earlier, this is why many on the market need work.

THIS DOES NOT NECESSARILY INCLUDE YOU SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS PERSONALLY!!!

Speaking of broad economic terms... since the stock market is taking off again, this is encouraging for those of you who are selling these boats as this will put more play money in the hands of consumers.

"I think someone asked a question and it was going down the ugly road again." I think the discussion was very relevant to the topic at hand since both boats being discussed are way over priced in the eyes of most. Nor do I think this was going down "the ugly road". The only people that should think this discussion is "ugly" are does who are trying to sell a boat (any brand) at an over inflated price.

Please keep in mind that I love these boats and my comments are just based on economic principles.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Scalp,
If you can buy BA at FMV (whatever that is), that would be my pick. Keep in mind the huge expense it will take to maintain a boat of this caliber.

Both are incredible boats...
Old 01-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ss930, not taken as such just did not want it to go there.

As well if Apache starts producing great boats, I do not see it as a dilution of the value of the current rides out there. My .02
Old 01-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by sgrady

As well if Apache starts producing great boats, I do not see it as a diloution of the value of the current rides out there. My .02
me either , in fact i see just the opposite happening.

Old 01-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by CigaretteFirefox
Here is the wildcard. Something for a buyer to consider.

God forbid Steve1 actually starts producing high quality boats.... then the used market will go in the crapper!!!

I guess we will all know soon enough.
I respectfully disagree

If Steve does build a good boat. It will only draw more attention to the Apache market (Possibly possitive attention) This will help the value of all Apaches, not only new but used as well.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ScalpTaker36
I respectfully disagree

If Steve does build a good boat. It will only draw more attention to the Apache market (Possibly possitive attention) This will help the value of all Apaches, not only new but used as well.
Here is the flaw in your thinking..... I the new 41 goes 84mph with HP525's and goes 110mph with 1000's your market value is lower. Why do twin step top guns bring almost double the money over straight hull?? People dont want dated technology. The failure of the Apache name to produce a new boat is what has kept the prices higher than normal. I am sorry but "next" and that boat from Phoenix with new Chief 1000's and 6's selling for well under 100k is proof of what I am saying.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Registered

Here is the flaw in your thinking..... I the new 41 goes 84mph with HP525's and goes 110mph with 1000's your market value is lower. Why do twin step top guns bring almost double the money over straight hull?? People dont want dated technology. The failure of the Apache name to produce a new boat is what has kept the prices higher than normal. I am sorry but "next" and that boat from Phoenix with new Chief 1000's and 6's selling for well under 100k is proof of what I am saying.
Not to mention that producing more Apaches will dilute the used market even more so... good old "supply and demand".
Old 01-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

broken arrow------250k tops, but well worth it

tatonka....175k ...

these boats dont have fresh power so if they blow it can cost you

Quick Reply: Which Apache do You Like Better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.