Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Old Oso (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68455-old-oso.html)

tripps 01-10-2004 01:27 PM

Just think, if those renegades and others talking poorly about it, the south shore of LI would probably still have a poker run. Now, we have NOTHING except the Hottie Tottie Run, thank you Charlie T. And DaveP, I know you and your group did a super job and put alot of effort into it. Really, something to be said considering you live in NJ and it was on LI. Again, thank you DaveP and the NJPPC. Even though Ididn't enter, I was on my way over there to Jones Inlet but had a little problem with my boat. It's a real shame that no one in the marine business can organize one now, cause there is such potential here for one and plenty of interest......... Tripps

Here's Johnny 01-10-2004 01:47 PM

There really is great potential here on the south side of Long Island...I am sad to see that I was not yet involved in boating when this all went down...why wouldn't the National Powerboat Association try to set something up, like a 4th of July run...not to interfere with NYC and the Manhasset Bay runs of course. We can call it THE ACES OF THE EAST poker run...or something like that.

Just a thought...

jafo 01-10-2004 01:49 PM

Originally posted by Biggus
Anyone remember the 'Mikey' guy that had a 42 Fountain with triple 900SC`s? He was always talkin smack and how he was gonna kick everyones azz :D
Kurt- I remember him well- that goes back way before newspeed when a lot of threads turned into a name-calling free-for-all. As far as I know, he still terrorizes the Chain 'o' Lakes in Illinois. "Klaw" has some stories about this guy..........:D

McGary911 01-10-2004 03:03 PM

That's cool as hell! I was still quite the lurker back then, but as soon as i saw the pages, it all came back to me. I didnt even have a go-fast boat back then....

FWK 01-10-2004 03:57 PM

And that was not the beginning

Audiofn 01-10-2004 04:08 PM

Yup there was a version before that as I recall. That is the version that I found my boat on :D:D This style is much better but this is the format that we had when Newspeed was on. It did get rediculous with all the name calling, and I lost interest. Unfortunatly I see a lot more of it going on again. :(

SmilingBob 01-10-2004 04:42 PM

Troutly, if it is the fountain that I am thinking of it is black with gold accents, JAFO correct me if I am incorrect.

FeverFan 01-10-2004 04:57 PM

The site has grown a bit.

There are more posts now in a matter of hours, than that board had in 4 months.

Job well done.

jafo 01-10-2004 09:59 PM

Originally posted by SmilingBob
Troutly, if it is the fountain that I am thinking of it is black with gold accents, JAFO correct me if I am incorrect.
That's the one- probably still the fastest in the country.....:p :D
His posts were entertaining, to say the least......:eek:

SmilingBob 01-11-2004 10:27 AM

Troutly, I would be that it is the same boat. Mike has been going down to LOTO for a while. I will agree with you that it is a fast boat, but I highly doubt that it as fast I have heard.