Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Race is ON! Miami to NY 2004 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70830-race-miami-ny-2004-a.html)

SS930 02-03-2004 07:20 PM

Still not good. Seems like something closer to 70% would be more reasonable.:rolleyes: I hope they can put it together with these numbers... would be really cool to see it go down.:cool:

Qball 02-03-2004 09:06 PM

the purse is slightly weak...but.....think about the money that the organization is going to have to lay out . Helicopter, gps, cranes, party's, safety, television....the never ending list goes on and on........

JROMY 02-03-2004 09:17 PM

What a great idea! I think this could really turn out to be a success. I'd love to watch on Speedvision, or a reality show (as long as the racing is real)! It seems like it could be a real breath of fresh air to the whole offshore powerboat racing scene.

BRUCE SEROFF 02-03-2004 09:29 PM

Damn...I wanna do this

DJD 02-03-2004 09:47 PM

Originally posted by outer42
oh oh i might be getting a divorce!!!
LOL Scott................
I was thinking of you before I saw your post.
I'm ready when you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJD 02-03-2004 09:52 PM

And if Outer42 isn't interested, I AM AVAILABLE and I have traveled the entire east coat numerous times on my boats.
As Ron will tell you, the Wild Child team are not scared of rough water!
LETS GO!!!
Sponsors are possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klmken 02-03-2004 10:18 PM

I've got $2500 and a broken Pachanga. Somebody want to sponsor me???????

Ryan Beckley 02-03-2004 11:18 PM

Can I run my 24' Skater?

Ron P 02-03-2004 11:51 PM

I spoke to Dave Callan tonight. He's already registered. Don't worry, no turbines for this run.

As for the money, I hope they make a profit so it happens again next year. The producers are laying out some significant cash up front, several hundred thousand in preparation fees. Everyone is being paid, including me!!!!!!!! (This is the first time I've ever been paid for anything associated with racing. Between getting paid as a consultant for this race and getting paid for writing for Extreme Boats Mag, I think I'm one of maybe 10 people that actually make money from offshore racing.) If they make a profit, it will be from sponsors and TV rights, not the entry fees. Think of it this way. A Super V team pays about $1200 per race. We are running 6 races in 6 days for one entry fee. Enough said about that.

Volunteers? You guys made my day. I'll start putting together a list and an emailing list to keep people informed. Man is this going to be fun.

BigSilverCat 02-04-2004 05:14 AM

I just registered, I hope this is the real deal because now i am going to spend the money on my boat to make everything right on it to make it 1282 miles.

That is really not that far if you think about the speed we will be going. should only take 12 hours or so.

what is the record for this distance? If the time is stopped when we pull in and pull out that should cut 1-2 hours off of the record for fuel time.