Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Konrad 540 HP drive. A better idea!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72081-konrad-540-hp-drive-better-idea.html)

dyno 04-19-2004 11:10 AM

I think its time for more BOOST!!!

FSPROPELLER 04-19-2004 01:31 PM

Pricing

Sutphen 30:

We actually found a local barge operator to do the prototype conversion at a reduced cost. It was a TR unit but the transom assemblies were similar.

Actually the TR had exhaust to work with so it was a good exercise.

By the time Biggus got here, the only thing that needed engineering was the steering brackets which we had been looking at for a couple weeks before he arrived.

At this point we have a few ways to connect the steering. Latham is the most common so obviously we have that solution.

We have done twins and a variety of multiples in the past so steering is mostly covered. If someone has an oddball we will work to convert it the best we can.

The prices are pretty straight forward, 9K for the Leg and bell housing , 12.5K for the complete transom and drive assy.

Be happy to answer any further questions.

Fred Sparling
Application Engineer
Konrad Marine, Inc.
715-386-4203
[email protected]

Sydwayz 04-19-2004 01:39 PM

Biggus and Konrad,
VERY cool stuff. This definately would make me reconsider TRS boats. Great info here, and publicity, and I look forward the article in FPB Magazine.

Poorsche 04-19-2004 02:22 PM

Great product and installation info. I spent a lot of time with Konrad guys at Miami Boat Show but this confirms every thing they told me.

Now we need to negotiate an OSO discount program and/or help them get a dealer network.

I just gave up on Arneson conversion I'd been wokring on--this is the end of TRS replacement dilema !!!

Thanks for all the details BIGGUS-

Poorsche
www.boatmat.com

Biggus 04-20-2004 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sifting through all my pictures and I thought some of you would find this very interesting. The 540 has been tested to the point of failure and it was 2500ft lbs!!!:eek: Now that is over three times its rated figure!

Biggus 04-20-2004 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All the shimming and back lash figures are determined by inducing torque to this test unit. Notice they have 20 reference points to measure deflection under load. I don't know of any drive manufacturer that does this!

Roger 1 04-20-2004 08:35 AM

Great job Kurt and thanks for taking the time to share all of this with us.

GLH 04-20-2004 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Biggus have you driven a Fo... GM???? lately?

ChrisK 04-20-2004 12:25 PM

Originally posted by GLH
Hey Biggus have you driven a Fo... GM???? lately?

How much for gimble and lower unit?

I saw that pic also... so what happened to the Ford? get it fixed, or just replace it out there?

Face It 04-20-2004 01:07 PM

Is there a web sight. I have a 40' with 509's, ready to be blown too 800hp, I have old TRS drives, these look good