Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Snowmobile Bash 2004 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72983-oso-snowmobile-bash-2004-a.html)

MitchStellin 03-01-2004 08:11 PM

Quite torturing me:eek: They say they only used 25 parts from the REV. It is a 1000 twin with a form of EFI. It is the shadizzle (is that how you spell it Brian:D ) I bet it is 10,000 + and I need a boat and a cottage so i will be looking for a used 03. This 1000 should free up a few thousand of those. I'm telling you, it is the biggest advance in snowmobiling since the slide rail and we know who invented that.:D Or the suspension, and we know who invented that, AC was caught with their pants down on this one. They are all good and will all have this design but they will be new and that means twice what a year old REV is.

Cord 03-01-2004 08:14 PM

The dealer by me has a really nice 03 800. I've heard though that the 04's are much improved. :confused:

MitchStellin 03-01-2004 08:19 PM

Cord, I am going again after this weekend, if you want to meet we can. I'll try and get a few more. This is based on the weather of course. This time of year you need to be able to go at a moments notice, sometimes a weekday which is hard for me. I will let you know but the plan is for sure now.

Shane 03-01-2004 08:40 PM

Mitch,

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! We went to Canada this weekend and had a KILLER TIME! -5 to -10 at night and 20-30 all day! Layed first tracks for the first 50-100 miles each morning and did about 200 miles per day and were in at 6:00 for dinner! We are losing it here FAST!:hothead: Probably gonna head north again to Canada in 2 weeks 13th-15th. Hope to ride with you soon buddy.

Traviss,
Glad you are loving the sled dude.

I am at 2600 miles and counting this season. I LOVE the REV TOO! That sled ROCKS!:D :cool:

26scarab 03-01-2004 09:50 PM

Hey Mitch,
thanks for the kind words about Dad. He did buy
a new sled on the way home. 04 700 XC SP. if you
thought he could keep up on that tank he rides
wait til he gets on the new one !!
We all had a great time , except for the friggin
ticket on Hwy 77. When you started to pull over I
almost ran but decided to stop also.
Too bad you wouldn't let us take a picture of
you in the ditch with the ditch pickle !!
Hey Rambunctious, you may have pulled away from me in the twisties this time but I was in a weakened condition with this cold, I'm sure all the Nyquil and Contact cold medicine didn't help
either !!! You sure handle that Yammie pretty good for and old guy!!
When is the next time we're heading up ?!?!? I've
had so much fun this year snowmobiling I could
care less about boating season. Maybe that is why
I'm planning on selling the boat this year. The
money per fun ratio is just WAY to high.

MitchStellin 03-02-2004 02:55 AM

I thought you were either buying a sled or a trailer:D That ticket blows, I forgot about that. I say we fight it and go sledding, we have to go there anyway:D I'll be going again after this weekend every weekend there is snow. If you want to go I'll tell you when. It was hard to come home to no snow, it just looks so much better than brown. Now your Dad will be in front of me until I get a REV:D Maybe the Officer will want to go out with us. I always liked a Woman in uniform:D

dyno 03-02-2004 05:26 AM

Dang!!You could have offered my the Polaris for the weekend!!!Biootch!! I mean Mitch!!!!LOL Sell me a set for Firebombs and then leave me out in the cold without a sled I'll get you back!!!
Dyno:hothead: :hothead:

Waterfoul 03-02-2004 06:48 AM

Hey, it's rambunctious here at Waterfoul's since i am so poor from all the gas we burned this weekend, that I can't afford an oso membership.

Maybe the Officer will want to go out with us. I always liked a Woman in uniform
. yea, she did too.. her partner.

Too funny, should have seen here smirk when mitch tried to convince her that he had to pass that other trailer doing 76mph because he had too much snow flying off the top of his trailer. she even asked if the dog in the back goes sledding with us. good sence of humor, just not enough to forget writing two tickets!!!!

talk about american gluttony.... haulin A$$ in a lifted excursion pulling a 24' trailer, watching sledneck videos and T3 while crankin Lincoln Park at 103 Decibels.. that rocked!!!!!! I think you make it about 3 miles without taking your eyes off the video screen!!!

and another thing.....I'm buying a camera so I can take my own 100mph club pic this time.

sure pissed me off when those rev's got me off the line. but only took 1.2 miles to smoke thier a$$ though .......... unless there was a corner, then it was goodby.
best run was 5 feet off your butt doing 85-110 for 28 miles. lets do that trail first next time!!!!!!! and thanks fot the invite, mitch.

and Chuck, lets talk about that M10 suspension. i think I chipped a tooth on those washboards.

Rambunctious

Airpacker 03-02-2004 07:13 AM

WOW, a cat guy and a yammie guy both agreeing that the Doo is the ticket huh. Mitch, spend the extra for a 2004. The improvements in suspension are worth it. I have an 03 and an 04 and its night and day on the trails. The 04 is the Renegade 136 x 1.25 with 162 pics and it literally eats bumps that you might feel on the 03 :).

Shane, with the forcasts for here over the next week, you will be lucky to get riding in 2 weeks. High temps and rain rain rain :(. This weekend will probably be the last for Muskoka region trails so if I want to ride some more, its the long trailer north untill the end of the month.

Shane 03-02-2004 07:20 AM

Airpacker,

I was thinking about heading back to Quebec next weekend. What do ya think?