Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Midwestern Lakes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73235-midwestern-lakes.html)

RHC 03-05-2004 02:18 PM

Re Midwestern Lakes

I dont want to start any rumors,,,,, However ,, I have heard that there is a certain CULT like following that goes to the famous ALUM CREEK late in the fall.... Maybe some of those wannabees will check in

:D :D :D ;) RHC

just add water 03-05-2004 03:37 PM

Alum Creek?????

chromecat 03-05-2004 03:49 PM

i go to lake shelbyville all summer unless i'm at loto or lake michigan.

Don

clean sweep 03-05-2004 07:30 PM

just add water,
I go to Shelbyville about every weekend. Eagle Creek is very nice and has slips available. Never had a problem with stumps. Party Cove is going on every weekend. Let me know when you are coming for a weekend and will be glad to show you around.

38SprtCruzKev 03-05-2004 07:52 PM

Lake Winnebago

The lake is Huge...runs about 35 miles in length and about 15 miles in width at the maximum points. There are a lot of shallow sandy areas closer to shore to anchor and stand in water waist deep (or deeper). The lake connect to river that will take you to other lakes as well, but you will want a guide on these as they are really shallow. Oshkosh is where the river cuts in and would be a good place to check for a place to rent. Fond Du Lac and Menasha are a couple other ones. Depending on when you want to go, water is usally very warm in July. Hope this helps. Me mail if you want more information.

US1 Fountain 03-05-2004 08:06 PM

Yeah, you gotta do Cumberland. Kind looks like an 8hr drive from where you are. We try to hit it a few times a year. Otherwise we are in Bloomington every weekend starting 4/1. The above posted picture looks like it's from one of the slower weekends. Holiday weekends it's packed!

h2owarrior 03-05-2004 08:44 PM

Lake Shelbyville is an O.K. lake. It is not a lake you can spend an entire week on. A weekend, yes. A week, no.

Do not, I repeat, do not go to lake Cumberland. You will just keep going back....again.......and again......and again.:mad: :mad: And I would prefer to keep it just the way it is.:D :D

Dale Hollow is also a very nice lake.

just add water 03-05-2004 09:04 PM

Well, I would say the the Cumberland fans have come out strong on this one. So much so that I may cancel a week at LOTO and change it to Cumberland. Don't get me wrong, LOTO is a great time/place, but always up for a change of scenery.

h20warrior, don't worry, you won't even know that I am there...;);)

birdog 03-06-2004 08:23 AM

Re: Re Midwestern Lakes

Originally posted by RHC
I dont want to start any rumors,,,,, However ,, I have heard that there is a certain CULT like following that goes to the famous ALUM CREEK late in the fall.... Maybe some of those wannabees will check in

:D :D :D ;) RHC

SOMEBODY was a "No Show" last year !!!:D :D

Cumberland is nice...We are heading to LOTO over the 4th..But....Lake ERIE is the place !!

jafo 03-06-2004 08:48 AM

Originally posted by Caincando1
IMO one of the best bodies of water in the Midwest is the Mississippi river.
Although I'm farther south than Caincando, I'll agree.
I haven't been to Kentucky Lakes, but everyone I know that has says it's worth it.
With Lake Michigan and the Mississippi River an hour away, we don't seem to have the need to go to many other places.:)