Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ft. Myers Race cancelled? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74213-ft-myers-race-cancelled.html)

ScottB 03-23-2004 10:28 AM

Sorry Ron, I know you are pro racer. I really meant it to come across in a toung and cheek manner, its gone

I am also a little annoyed us South FL boys havent' got a write up in Extreme boats Mag;)

outer42 03-23-2004 10:32 AM

Originally posted by Ron P
Scott, that really wasn't fair. My understanding of OSS is that if you can bring 5 boats to run in your class, your invited to attend. 4 boats show up and you don't race.

Why all this bashing? Just go race where you wish and go have fun. Because if you (the racers) are not having fun at the events, why spend the money and risk your life?

true,race and have fun or stay on the porch!!!

Ron P 03-23-2004 10:34 AM

Well I'll be in Biloxi if you want to attend:D

Next month's issue will have the OPA race from Cambridge MD and the SBI Worlds from Deerfield.

The rest of my schedule hasn't been worked out yet.

I'm sure I'll be at several APBA races throughout the year.

Enjoy the season and be safe.....

ScottB 03-23-2004 10:38 AM

Outer, I have a blast, but its more fun with lots of boats and that is why I get riled up.
I see you spelling has improved:cool:

outer42 03-23-2004 12:15 PM

YOUR GRAMER HASN'T!!!

Gordo 03-23-2004 12:47 PM

Originally posted by T2x
It is still an outside corporation that needs funds to survive...and must pay the APBA $50,000/year to lease the rights...... Where will those funds, and the salaries/expenses of the (unelected) officials and hundreds of thousands in racing costs come from....The sky?
T2x

Just an observation, but doesn't any outside corporation OR Not for Profit organization need funds to survive? Even though OSS is not a sanctioning body, they still have officials, (whether elected or hired) salaries/expenses, racing costs and so on. I guess APBA isn't the only one looking at the sky...

Formula Outlaw 03-23-2004 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Gordo
Just an observation, but doesn't any outside corporation OR Not for Profit organization need funds to survive? Even though OSS is not a sanctioning body, they still have officials, (whether elected or hired) salaries/expenses, racing costs and so on. I guess APBA isn't the only one looking at the sky...

Gordo, you are absolutely correct. A not for profit corporation is certainly allowed to earn/keep money to cover expenses. Money used to pay expenses is not considered profit.

Formula Outlaw 03-23-2004 07:16 PM

Sorry but I just can't stay out of this thread. My personal humble opinion is that OSS has done nothing but further splinter the sport. If OSS had put as much effort and energy into helping to better or unify offshore racing as a whole, I think we would be much further ahead of the game, instead of developing this tremendous quagmire.

Phantom1 03-23-2004 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's to Fever Mike.

I raced from '99 to '01 and would race APBA again if I was to get back in.

RLW 03-23-2004 08:14 PM

"OSS has done nothing but further splinter the sport."

I concur.