Notices

Ft. Myers Race cancelled?

Old 03-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There sure are some passionate folks for Offshore racing, aren't there!
While I don't like some of the tactics being played out, I know many of the OSS folks including Elaine Motl. I've known them a long time and have respect for their business acumen and love of the sport. We can agree to disagree on the merits of the course being taken, but we've got to keep our hearts open to a cooperative future. Our lines of communication are open and in various ways we're seeking to find common ground and resolving those issues we can to help heal the sport.
The proverbial "shootout and last person standing wins" will only leave alot of bodies......................

See you all in St. Cloud!

Steve David
Old 03-24-2004, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank-You Steve

Always a Gentleman!
Old 03-24-2004, 01:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To the OSS guys, its their time, their boat, their money, and their right to do as they please. Their going to do it anyway.

The cancelling of Key West hit hard,with the Racers, Crews, and Fans. Alot of broken promises.

I wasn't there for each individual incident that happened to each individual racer. There has to be more to the story than what Fever Mike said.

If 2000 was the height of the LLC, then 2003 was definately the low.

All sanctioning bodies should unify. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

Fire away boys
Old 03-24-2004, 08:38 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally posted by Battle Cry
All sanctioning bodies should unify. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
Amen to that!
Old 03-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Why do we keep reliving the past? What's done is done.

All I'll say is that when some of the OSS/APBA teams show up in St Cloud, that they be welcomed with open arms. If you APBA diehards push them away and blame them for the current troubles than that will only further drive them away from APBA. Just be glad they came to race.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by SteveDavid
There sure are some passionate folks for Offshore racing, aren't there!
While I don't like some of the tactics being played out, I know many of the OSS folks including Elaine Motl. I've known them a long time and have respect for their business acumen and love of the sport. We can agree to disagree on the merits of the course being taken, but we've got to keep our hearts open to a cooperative future. Our lines of communication are open and in various ways we're seeking to find common ground and resolving those issues we can to help heal the sport.
The proverbial "shootout and last person standing wins" will only leave alot of bodies......................

See you all in St. Cloud!

Steve David
Spoken like a true statesman.

Notice how he gets his point across without belittling someone else's point of veiw? And he manages to do it without puffing out his chest and dare anyone to challenge him. Everything I've read from or about Mr David gives me real hope for the sport.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Ron P
Why do we keep reliving the past? What's done is done.
Or, things are still being "done", but you would rather ignore that part because it's being done TO APBA rather than by APBA.

Originally posted by Ron P If you APBA diehards push them away and blame them for the current troubles than that will only further drive them away from APBA. [/B]
My personal opinion,
APBA, indeed the sport of offshore racing, would be better off without a couple of them anyway.
Keep blaming APBA for all those flat tires Ron.
But that nail is still in the driveway...
Clean up the nail first. THEN you can say "what's done is done".
Fair enough?
Old 03-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Gordo, please don't paint me as anti APBA because I'm not. Actually, I'm not anti anyone. I'm only trying to point out that this continued level of hostility won't help to mend fences.

How can someone come back into the fold after you call them every name in the book? I don't expect a love feast either. Just follow Steve David's lead and take the high road, leaving room for the healing process to begin...if it can.

You can't turn back time, you can only work the cards that you've been dealt. So go put on the best event possible in St Cloud and begin your season on a positive note. If OSS doesn't work out, do you want the boats to come back to APBA or would you prefer to drive them away to SBI?
Old 03-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Registered

ron-why not sbi at least they have race sites and purses
Old 03-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello BIG Jersey City

Quick Reply: Ft. Myers Race cancelled?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.