Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating on Lake George??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74992-boating-lake-george.html)

Donzilla 03-24-2004 07:37 PM

I visit twice a year and stay at lake George RV park . Brought my small donzi one year and stayed at the GEORGIAN:rolleyes: never mind that but the lake can be a handful with a short boat. Lauched at Gilchrist in bolton landing. This year I will be bringing my 353 towing with my Diesel motorhome might need a local to launch for me she is long and you guys up there know the roads are tight. Looks like the dock at the algongquin to me and that is a must see visit everyday your there. Been going there for 30 years and I am 40
It is stunning and am never dissapointed. So if you had to fish for 4 days it would not be to hard to take!
JIm;)

Shane 03-24-2004 07:44 PM

Jim,

Let me know when you are coming. I can tow ou to the lake and have a few launches you can pick from. You are correct. GLH's boat is docked at the Algonquin.:)

Donzilla 03-24-2004 08:15 PM

Shane,
I would sure appreciate that when we come up we usually rent a car so the motor home stays put.
I know for sure late august and not confirmed but hoping mid July. Got a deadline on a custom house completion.
Thanks,
JIm

epeek 03-24-2004 08:48 PM

You better have 30 ft,otherwise the lake will kick
your azz. It can get very rough. Especially in the
Southern basin in the afternoon. I have a house
on the lake & can tell you there is no place more
beautiful. Make the trip,you will truley enjoy it.
Get ahold of otis311. He in the ambassador of
the lake! Mostly its because he never has to work:D
and is a party animal.:cool: :cool: Otis,you know I
love ya!:D I just wish I was you.:p

otis311 03-24-2004 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the Algonquin ?? I think ive heard of that

otis311 03-24-2004 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
view from the "A" looking back up at my shack

GLH 03-24-2004 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can't miss Ottis here he is shopping in Florida!

21 Hustler 03-24-2004 11:11 PM

i had an interesting experience at lake george, my uncle has a house on Friends lake which is like 15 min from lake george. I brought my boat up there to Performance Marine in Bolton Landing to get my engine with a whipple on it mapped. Brought it there around july 7th, they said it would be done in 2 weeks. I kept close contact with them and everyweek it was something else. I am 21 yrs old and do all the foot work for my dad, so right there i get no respect from elders. I was very respectful to them and the weeks went on and on. Mid august about 6 weeks later i wasnt takin anymore excuses. I called on a tues and get a little hot with them on the phone, and they assured it would be done by friday and to come and pick it up. I live in NJ, 4 hour ride up get there, my boat hasnt even been touched. I go to my uncle's house at friends lake and he got on the phone and absolutely ripped them and new a-hole. THey said next friday def be done, so i go up and its done and i leave very unhappy

21 Hustler 03-24-2004 11:25 PM

Part 2. Upon leaving i was a little suspicous and wanted to test the boat out b4 driving all the way home. I so pop it in the lake, It was a cold day and really windy. I had my sister who was 15 and my cousin who was 16 in the boat. We are leaving the marina idleing out and we start going. I took off my shoes cuase i was runnin around on the docks prior. So we are goin fine, and all of a sudden i feel water on my feet. I immediatyl freaked out thingin we have a hole in the boat cause it was a matter of one minute. THis is right after my cousin tells me the lake is 100+ feet right where we are. So i turn around to go back, while i was turning my engine starts to sputter, the water was startin to submerged the engine i guess. SO i was like there is no way im gettin off plain, the boat will sink right away, so i cruise back into the docks keepin myself on plain, pass right by a cop, knew that was a problem but what could i do. People are cursing at me for goin fast in an idle zone, pull into the docks a ta shallow part and scream to the dock boys im sinking, they start pumping. THe cop comes over and flips on me, i tell him look im sinking my bilge is filled and so is half my boat. We pull the boat out of the water and i look, no holes, plug was in. I didnt know what was going on. The cop is yapping in my ear, that i dont have a pass, and i shouldnt be on the lake, and that i should've idled in. Upon further inspection i fould that the marina undid my exhaust clips, and water wasnt goin out of the back it was just filling up my bilge. The cop says that he didnt feel there was enough water in the boat for him, so i got a ticket for speeding, and then i said that i felt what i did was better than just letting it sink, cause at the time i really did think we were sinking. He gave me my ticket and said some choice words and came home, and havent been back

otis311 03-25-2004 07:22 AM

Officer Dunn ?? Got his name all over that story