Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating on Lake George??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74992-boating-lake-george.html)

Panther 03-25-2004 02:57 PM

Has anyone heard of "Treasure Cove Resort Motel and Cottages". This is where we were thinking of staying, but I know nothing about the place. Also, if you have any recommendations that would be great.

Shane: Thanks for the offer, sounds like a good time! I'll definetely follow up when the time gets closer. Thanks!

Mr. Velocity, I'll try and stop by but I am pulling the motor saturday and replacing the transmission. I got all my parts via UPS yesterday. It was like Christmass time at my house. With all the popcorn foam you would have thought it was snowing.

Panther

epeek 03-25-2004 10:04 PM

I know Treasure Cove. Its on the west side,heading
towards Bolton Landing. Its not 5 star, but it
will get the job done. Most of the motels & cottages
on L.G. are 1950's built, and remodeled a dozen
times. To party at night,head to the King Neptunes.
Its the best bar in town. Then head to Duffys,D.Js
and Shepards Cove. All are in L.G village. Head to
Bolton, for some food & fun

Hot Boat 03-25-2004 10:32 PM

The treasure cove is an excellent choice. Try and book it now. They have frequent no vacancy. The have a nice launch ramp and plenty of parking for your trailer. The owner is a good friend of shanes. Shane will b e sure to tell you all about it. Shanes , OTIS311, and my house is just a few miles up the road.

Like epeek said , its no 5 star but better than most. if you are looking for a 5 star check out the Sagamore. Its a true 5 star resort , but it will come with a price if you want a boat slip. The Sagamore was recently featured on the travel channel.

outer42 03-26-2004 06:43 AM

Shane,
i think in July to lake george escape camp ground. I jus bought a 40 foot Monaco Windsor coach and going up with 10 family's for the week. When it gets closer i'll p.m you.

outer42 03-26-2004 06:44 AM

p.s i can't put mufflers on pipes to close

Hot Boat 03-26-2004 06:57 AM

I have a relatively loud single engine setup. Just take it easy when you are near shore and dont open it up when there is a million boats around. Keep it in the middle of the lake when you are traveling from destination to destination and you shouldn't have a problem.

Also they do make insert mufflers that go inside the tail pipes. it helps knock down a few Db with no lose in HP.

GLH 03-26-2004 07:01 AM

Originally posted by Hot Boat
.. relatively loud single engine...
Light understatement.

GLH 03-26-2004 07:07 AM

Originally posted by outer42
i think in July to lake george escape camp ground. I jus bought a 40 foot Monaco Windsor coach and going up with 10 family's for the week. When it gets closer i'll p.m you.
You might look at Lake Champlain also about 45 min to an hour further North we are missing a few things however;
-Lake Size restriction, ours is huge
-Zealous Marine Patrol
-Crowded Lake
and we have a few more sandy beaches!

LG is still a blast we're just a little further and a lot bigger! :D

Hot Boat 03-26-2004 08:20 AM

Originally posted by GLH
Light understatement.

You Think:p

ChrisK 03-26-2004 09:15 AM

I actually liked saranac lake better than lake george when I lived up there. I guess because it was farther away from the where I lived at the time.. who knows. I remember going up there when I was a kid to fish creek campgrounds and going out on saranac to run around.