Old 04-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

i tell our customers 60 days.

later
Old 04-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

LATER , HAVE TO DISAGREE ABOUT THE 222. IT IS A GREAT PRODUCT. THAT IS WHY IT IS STILL MADE AND NO ONE ELSE HAS BEEN ABLE TO REPRODUCE WHAT IT DOES, I USE SIKKENS AND PPG PAINT HERE AT THE DEALERSHIP AND THE ONLY PRODUCT I USE FROM DuPONT IS 222. IT IS GREAT PRODUCT. IT DOES AND WILL STICK TO ANYTHING , ESPECIALLY AUTO GLASS. EVER TRY TO WIPE IT OFF WITH THINNER?? YOU CAN'T, NOR CAN YOU SAND IT, ONCE IT'S ON IT'S ON. IT'S A GREAT BONDING AGENT

I WOULD BRING THE BOAT BACK TO CIG, THAT'S MY .03

ERIC
Old 04-15-2004, 10:00 AM
mirageman

About the waxing, I was told 60 days after the beemer took a trip to the autobody shop.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer the question if this is coming back in the same spot...the answer is no....as far as the waxing is concerned...I was told by the driver who delivered the boat the last time that the Cigarette guys actually had waxed the boat before it left the plant....I do not know what they used on it..but the driver told me twice that they were finishing up waxing it before it was loaded on the trailer for delivery....so go figure....I know that when you repaint something..... that you do not want to wax it for a couple months usually...but the boat was not repainted...it was wet sanded and polished....I think it may have been recleared in a certain area...but I was not given this info.....
Old 04-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by open72
LATER , HAVE TO DISAGREE ABOUT THE 222. IT IS A GREAT PRODUCT. THAT IS WHY IT IS STILL MADE AND NO ONE ELSE HAS BEEN ABLE TO REPRODUCE WHAT IT DOES, I USE SIKKENS AND PPG PAINT HERE AT THE DEALERSHIP AND THE ONLY PRODUCT I USE FROM DuPONT IS 222. IT IS GREAT PRODUCT. IT DOES AND WILL STICK TO ANYTHING , ESPECIALLY AUTO GLASS. EVER TRY TO WIPE IT OFF WITH THINNER?? YOU CAN'T, NOR CAN YOU SAND IT, ONCE IT'S ON IT'S ON. IT'S A GREAT BONDING AGENT

I WOULD BRING THE BOAT BACK TO CIG, THAT'S MY .03

ERIC
Yeah... I agree... maybe the guy that said it was junk didn't know how it is supposed to be used... you don't ever sand 222s.... it is applied to a prepped surface, and while still tacky, is covered with clear... there is only a 6 to 12 minute window between the application of the 222s and the clear . If any longer the surface has to be coated with the adhesion promoter.... I've never even touched 222 after it was sprayed...
Old 04-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have seen something like this from rewater proofing the boat cover. The chemical is strong.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

We used to pull the "Bras" off of cars that had been left on along time...Rain & sun....Looked the same..Milky.
Thats why i thought it was the same...You mentioned shrink rap. Also have seen it on dark cars with magnetic signs after Rain & sun....
Old 04-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

this is a tough one to diagnose with out actually being there and seeing it. sounds like some pretty good theories so far. i wonder if the clear was over sanded leaving just an ultra thin layer of clear in this area. with high end graphics like this they are very thoroughly sanded prior to buffing. wonder if its possible that its sanded through or very close to going through the clear and with that being red you need all the protection you can get from UV rays. with some colors you can go completly through the clear and still buff it to a shine without noticing it. just a thought, good luck.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

glassdave , that's a real good chance too
Old 04-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick update...the boat is going to go back to Cigarette the end of next week...like I stated before, Neil assured me that he would take care of it to my satisfaction...so I feel fairly confident that it will be taken care of....hopefully this time for good.....I was curious as to who did the paint work on the boat and called Dave Hunter who does a lot of the more elaborate paint jobs down here....he told me that he did not do this one but offered to come by later this week and take a look and give me his opinion on what is going on....I am just curious as to what would cause something like this....so if and when he comes by I will update this thread.....thanx for all the input....Rich

Quick Reply: What is happening to my paint??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.