SAAB Steps up to the plate!! >

SAAB Steps up to the plate!!

Notices

SAAB Steps up to the plate!!

Old 04-16-2004, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experiences have been right in line with Bill272's and Audio's. I actually own two American vehicles right now..a Ford and a Jeep. Not becasue I was dead-set on buying American, but for other reasons. Not really much competition from the imports for an Excursion or a Wrangler.
When I had my Saab, the dealer treated me like royalty. They would actually let me choose what I wanted for a loaner...convertible, wagon, whatever. Keep in mind I had a 9.3 - the lowest priced car they sold at the time. On top of that, it wasn't even brand new when I got it. It was one of the loaner fleet from the dealer, which they sold before they hit 5,000 miles.
Try that with a Chevy. Go and buy a mid-line model, like an Impala or a Mailbu. When it's in for service, tell them you'd like a Corvette Convertible for a loaner if it's available, since it's a nice day. Let me know how hard they laugh.
My buddy has a brand new Z06. If he's lucky enough to even get a loaner, which is rare, they give him a piece of crap.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:50 AM
600HPS

SOUNDS LIKE THERE ARE SOME HAPPY SAAB OWNERS ON THE BOARD! I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT I HAVE BEEN A SAAB MASTER TECHNICIAN SINCE 1988 AND I PRESENTLY OWN A INDEPENDENT SAAB SERVICE CENTER. FROM A SAAB TECHS POINT OF VIEW I FEEL THAT SAAB'S ARE WELL ENGINEERED VEHICLES THAT NOT ONLY LOOK AWESOME,BUT PERFORM WELL AND LAST! TOM

Old 04-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Mr. Demeanor

Actually Audio, I had a 97 F150 that was in the shop 13 times the first year. This was the first year for the new body style truck. They finally replaced mine as Saab did for you but I had almost 30K miles. The only difference probably is that I saw my old truck on the dealers lot a few days later.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Cuda said... Buy American.... but can you?.... my neighbor just bought a new Dodge Hemi Truck.... awesome truck.... but when you open the hood... it's got "made in Mexico" stickers everywhere... and Chrysler is controlled by the Germans now.... so.... really... what is American?.... another friend had an El Camino... made in Mexico too...
Old 04-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The entire auto industry is a case of "strange bedfellows"... Volkswagon owns Rolls Royce and Lamborghini.... Fiat Owns Ferrari... Ford owns both Jaguar and Aston Martin. They also own a big chunk of Volvo, Mazda and Range rover... GM owns chunks of Saab. BMW owns Bentley... and there is some deal where VW has to sell Rolls Royce to BMW in a few years..... or is it the other way around? I can't keep them straight any more...
Old 04-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI

A Honda Accord has greater american content (70+%)than the so-called american cars. So, if "buy american" is important to you.........buy a Honda.

Sorry for the topic diversion.

vtec

Last edited by vtec; 04-26-2004 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon,

Glad they did right by you. Good luck with the new ride.

Shane