CRT Steps up to the Plate >

CRT Steps up to the Plate

Notices

CRT Steps up to the Plate

Old 06-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up CRT Steps up to the Plate

As a few of you know we have had our new 46 for less than a week and we had a major malfunction with our starboard 1075 with a blower sensor. We called Mercury, they said it was a critical failure and to get the boat out of the water ASAP b/f we destroyed a blower or the engine for that fact. The only problem was that they said that they never heard of such a problem in the field yet. They said their motors were flawless. Well, lucky us. I would like to thank Bill and Randy at Lake Cumberland and Skip Braver for getting on the horn and getting Mercury over to Michigan ASAP. I would also like to thank Skip for calling his friends at Skipper Budds to arrange a place to work on this piece. We all complain from time to time about Cigarette not following through or returning phone calls , but I would have to say wow I am speechless. Thanks once again to all that helped.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: CRT Steps up to the Plate

Cigarette has always been very responsive to any problems that have come up with my boat..Both Neill and Bud have have been great to deal with.Neill even took time on a Saturday to trailer my boat to the local boat ramp,let me play with my boat for the day,then pick me up and take the boat back to the factory to finish some minor details...First class all the way!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Registered

It's great to hear those stories. Sometimes on here all you hear about is the neg. things. They were great also with our first Cigarette. There was a probelm with the fuel pump at the pick up. They had to gut the entire boat, after it was built to get to the fuel cells and redo the pumps and the lines. Talk about a lot of work. The boat was there from Jan to April. I went down during the boat show and about passed out to see a finished boat gutted. I wanted to cry. When it came back Neil and Bud both assured it would look just like it did on deliver. They were right!! Neil is the man! So is Bud. He is a bad a$$ driver. I have a few good stories about him!
Old 06-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 3,010 Likes on 987 Posts

So I take it the motor issue is resolved and the boat is in service??
Old 06-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watch how little response this thread will receive vs if you had posted something negative. The bandwagon only carries the haters!

Glad your boat will be running soon.

Last edited by TwinStepGun; 06-22-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Registered

My dad and I are taking it down to Skipper Budd's tomorrow and then the guy from Mercury Racing will be working on it Friday trying to get the starter situation and blower situation figured out. So for now, she's chilling. I hope it's fine by poker run time!! Grand Haven better be ready!!! It's almost poker run time!!

The real hard kicker, Lake Michigan has been beautiful for the past two days. Just a foot or so of chop, just enough to maker wanna fly!!! Oh well, she will be running soon!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal

Congrats on the support-
It sure is good to hear CRT folks stepping up and providing good customer service-that is the difference with the true winners-
Great product + excellent service = PREMIUM BRAND.

way-to-go Skip
Old 06-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have never dealt with anyone at CRT but I do agree with you about the guys at LCM. Randy, Bill and Tony are all great to work with. Good luck with your new boat. What a ride it must be!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Registered

how is the rough rider riding you pig?????
Old 06-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stecz20
how is the rough rider riding you pig?????

she was riding great till the Merc's had a problem. Those 35's are a pain to get on plane, but man oh man is she sweet over 100

Man you are a smart a$$, but we all need a laugh!

Quick Reply: CRT Steps up to the Plate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.