Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising >

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Notices

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Old 04-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Fever Mike, your the main reason why Im looking at a Concept, I thought they were just painted up nice, but rigging and the rest of the boat looks sweet. This boat will be used to mostly take clients out, and fish every now and then. My biggest concern that I have seen on quite a few of these boats is the walk around deck that you walk or fish on, alot of them seem somewhat flimsy, especially when you walk on the compartment doors, that are for storage or bait wells, am I out of line here, or is that the way it is. Thanks

DamDonzi, thanks for the info on the Marlargo, also looks like a great boat.

Dreamer, I will check the Ocean Hawk out.

Thanks Guys, Jeff
Old 04-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

www.yellowfinyachts.com
been in business for 4 years owner previously owned another boat company. Previous offshore racer.
2004 SKA Champions
2003 SKA Runner Up
2002 SKA Runner Up
2001 SKA Champions
Fastest FISHING boat on the water.
17' Skiff
23' CC Single or Twin OB
31' CC Twin OB (75MPH w twin 300X)
34' CC or Cuddy Twin or Triple OB
36' CC (73MPH w triple 300X)
You wont be dissapointed if your looking for a FISHING boat with CLASSIC lines and and modern technology.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always loved intrepids, but never had the patients. My neighbor gets a new one every 3 or 4 years. Top quality. Yellowfin, edgewater, pursuit, grady, proline, regulator, century are all great. I currently have a 28 century as an inshore fish/family boat. Whalers are also top but dont think they have any in the upper 30' range. Spend some time at the shows comparing models. Some have seats in front of the helm, some have coolers under the seats, ect. Livewell setup and tackle storage are important. It all come down to which one you feel comfortable with. some are faster then others, some can go farther.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Truth be told, you need to decide whether its a cruiser or a fishboat. Lots of good name being tossed around here, some over rated boats here also. But, it's your call as to what your doing with the boat..

Cruiser/occasional fishing trips:
Marlago
Concept

Cruiser/semi serious fishboat:
Pursuit
Grady
Donzi
Venture
Midnight Express

Serious fishboat:
Whitewater
Pro Line
Sea Vee
Contender

No particular orderr to the manufacturers here. Just my choices.

I own a 25 Whitewater myself.. Rock solid, no frills, pure fish catching machine.. http://www.whitewaterboats-mia.com/25ft1.htm
Old 04-15-2004, 07:39 PM
jtmiller02

Good friend of mine has a Marlago that he keeps at his house in the keys. From what he says they're great boats and very nice quality. He is an old Cig. owner so I know he doesn't like to skimp on either quality or performance. He owns this boat as well as a 60ft+ yacht. I believe his is from Marina Mar in Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 04-16-2004, 02:45 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are forgetting my Hyperfishing box, fighting chair and side rails for the engine hatch on Sonic 30/31s!

Converts the Sonic into a great fishing.crusiing platform, and 15 mins later, you'd never know the products were on there!

Pictures tell the tale on my website. Four years and counting, my boat has cruised/fished/poker runned the northeast and Florida.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fever Mike, I was not talking about Concept, just some of the other boats that I was on.

Ryan, I did check out Yello Fin, awesome boat, attention to detail was a 10, but a hard core serious fish boat. We are still looking at them also. Thanks Jeff
Old 04-16-2004, 08:02 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff-
I saw RadioActive being built from start to finish - it was obvious you are particular in what you want.
Definitely take a look at the Manta and Carrera boats before making up your mind- they are serious custom boats, one at a time. The extra beam and freeboard over the Concept may make the difference for you. They still have great performance looks and speed along with a very succesful racing history in their hulls.

If I could get Pat to make a CC cockpit liner for his 33AVH, he'd sell a boat...............you can guess what his answer was to that.
Jim
Old 04-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I personaly think Jupiter makes a very nice custom,serious Fishing boat. As far as performance (sport boat like) CC's Concept has got that nailed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At present their is not a single company making performance CC that are as individual and custom as Concept.

Please name a single company who currently builds performance CC that are:

Built and delivered on time for what you were Quoted ?

As custom as you what ? (Wicked II)

As wired and rigged like a race boat ?

Have Painted graphics ?

Backed by Lifetime hull warranty?

Supported by Great customer service ?

Last edited by Rocco; 04-16-2004 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jafo, I will also check out Manta, they seem to be very nice. You are right, if Pat would do his fish series again I would be right there. Radio Active was a great rough water riding boat, and if he would have started his 42, and at the time, I probably would not have looked any farther. But...The Nortech is truly a step up, very happy, and I actually am leaving right after this post to go to Missouri to Ratical Graphics to bring her home.

Rocco, its sounds like you are a satisfied customer, like all of Concept owners have been, I should be recieving my packet this weekend, I will definatly check it out.

Thanks Jeff

Quick Reply: Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.