Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

The truth hurts

Lucky Strike
Old 04-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hauling Trash
Do you Know you can get killed driving your car ????

Does she let you do that ???

You can get killed doing Poker runs too.

When your time is up your time is up.

Go live life to it fullest and get the most out of it Because you never know when your time is up.

Mike
I cant say that I agree.

Yes, a life can be taken in a million defferent ways. The difference is when you push the envelope your chances of dying are greatly increased. Thats why there are speed limits on the highways. Its much easier to avoid a unexpected object on the highwway at 50 mph than at 150 mph. If there were no speed limit on the roads, how many more deaths do you think there would be?.

We race because we love it, its our passion and we know the dangers before us. Yet we continue. Look at all the crashes and fatalities in boats over the last 12 months . Pretty scarey. Some are because of ignorance and some with the best drivers and throttleman and all the safety gear. Its gonna happen.

If your loved ones dont want you to do it and make you the ultimatum, you have one hell of a decision.

If I loved a woman enough to marry her, and she said "racing or me", I would take her. Knowing how hard it is to find the right person.

Offshore Racing will always be there in one form or another. It can wait. Enjoy your life with your fiance and maybe, someday, she'll change her mind.

Good luck to all the teams this weekend and
God Bless all the families and friends of those who have been taken from us.

Be safe not stupid.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: my racing debut is cancelled

Originally posted by open72
this morning i was given a choice - her or the race.
eric
I don't know the whole conversation, but if my wife of 12 years put it to me that way she would have to make the decision to walk because I would have been in the boat. There is no way I'd be marrying someone like that cause there is going to be trouble down the road. Unless of course you have no balls and need someone to run your life for you.

However, if she truely expressed her concerns and the two of you spoke about them and together you feel it is the best decision that is a different story. But don't cave into an ultimatum and if she truely cared and understood you she wouldn't have made it.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: my racing debut is cancelled

i talked with chris and was going to race for the first time in biloxi. my fiance' was very, very hesitant about me doing this, i assured her i would be safe. she is at home and surfs oso for laughs and due to the accident this morning i was given a choice - her or the race. i was really excited to race but she is a big part of my life. sooo, no race. chris- thank you for the excellent offer, but the choice is clear. i wish all racer's a safe weekend, and prayers go to the famlies of this unfortunate accident. all sports have a risk factor, and i can't risk the one i love leaving me for the the thrill of race.....

eric

Eric under the circumstances it is understandable.You will have another chance .
You going over sat nite? Call me .

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Open72:

Hey man take care of those that stand behind you. I started racing boats back in 1999. Since then I've had a really good friend die in a race boat , I was thrown violently out and my brother broke his back and almost died in my race boat. Sometimes I think it's just not worth it and I wish I'd never gotten hooked on this crazy sport! BH
Old 04-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally posted by lucky strike
The truth hurts

Lucky Strike
funny , never have seen any pics of women on your cig, gee , i wonder y. oh yeah , it's called respect. but then again i shouldn't expect anything less from a used car lot salesman.....
Old 04-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Lighten up.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:34 PM
packinair

it's called respect. but then again i shouldn't expect anything less from a used car lot salesman.....
I read that and it bothered me so I left it alone.. now I find it a person slam against me as well.. that is how I got my boat and most of the things I have, sorry I am not good enough. now if you will excuse me I have to go roll back some odoms

Old 04-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

packin air , no slam intended , but comments in 19 and 21 is dis-respectfull and not warrented at all. i make my bones painting cars including used ones......
Old 04-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That was a hard decision. Sucks either way you go but you made it and have to live with it.

Try not to look back. Unfortunately you will.

Quick Reply: my racing debut is cancelled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.