Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2nd annual Demo Race on Lake George N.Y. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77621-2nd-annual-demo-race-lake-george-n-y.html)

Shane 05-13-2004 05:08 AM

Originally posted by OTIS311
TRIPLE !!! Thats it ??? You got lucky

They must have been in a good mood and probably havent seen Shane in a while, other wise it would have been more. (lmao) They are good people at Treasure Cove and are good friends with Shane.

If anyone needs a room with docking for more than a 30' boat. Call Mike Seele at the Boulders and he will set you up also. Mention that yur coming in for the Demo run.

LMAO:D :D :D

Shane 05-13-2004 05:09 AM

Originally posted by waterheater
Dockage is getting limited at the Treasure Cove for boats 30' and under. We made a reservation there just in case. Thanks Shane, appreciate it. Talked with Mary and because i mentioned your name she was gonna charge me triple!!:eek:
Glad it worked out for you.:D Like Bob said you got LUCKY at TRIPLE!:p :crazy:I live 2.5 miles up the street from them. If you need ANYTHING let me know.

waterheater 05-13-2004 06:16 AM

Loooks like this will be a GREAT time. We are looking forward to it. Thank you guys for your help and your hospitality in advance.:)

The Wizard 05-13-2004 09:25 AM

update:

Motors going on the dyno Monday. Zuls backed up big time and.......i need my EFI guy to be there to play with the lap-top at the same time (not looking good for next weekend). I'm hanging in there

:crazy: zzie

Shane 05-13-2004 10:49 AM

Come on Ozz! Get that thing going! No excuses.;) :p

The Wizard 05-13-2004 11:50 AM

I'm trying bro......I'm having a hard time getting all the parties together (specially the EFI guy). Once thats done its half a day.

Hey I just bought a Boston Whalers 18 ft. Dauntless with a 135, maybe Ill bring that up and do the course........lol........with helmets and life jackets of course.....:D

hawkrace 05-13-2004 11:53 AM

Insurance Question for Promotors, Mayor of Lake George, and Participants:

I must assume that you are asking for "proof of Insurance by participants for some reason", and if each policy has exclusion for personal injury & or Property Damage to others for any race &/or Speed Contest, why bother? Markel Ins., Great American, & Ace all have the same exclusions....These Companies, account for 85% of high performance insurance policies written in US today...

Suggest, each Participant(boat) check with your agent to confirm coverage (if any) for this event as venued, and the demo-race producer may want to secure a Regatta Liability Policy to protect the municipality, and all involved. including the participants, volunteers, medical & safety, turn boats, etc. in this event.

As this event is not sanctioned, I must assume that coverage needs to be addressed properly....If is has, good luck and be safe....

This year has been difficult and we must exercise extra safety with all powerboat events.

Rick Felsen

Hawk Race Consultants, Ltd.
516-466-9760 516-466-9663 Fax

otis311 05-13-2004 12:28 PM

Originally posted by hawkrace
Insurance Question for Promotors, Mayor of Lake George, and Participants:

I must assume that you are asking for "proof of Insurance by participants for some reason", and if each policy has exclusion for personal injury & or Property Damage to others for any race &/or Speed Contest, why bother? Markel Ins., Great American, & Ace all have the same exclusions....These Companies, account for 85% of high performance insurance policies written in US today...

Suggest, each Participant(boat) check with your agent to confirm coverage (if any) for this event as venued, and the demo-race producer may want to secure a Regatta Liability Policy to protect the municipality, and all involved. including the participants, volunteers, medical & safety, turn boats, etc. in this event.

As this event is not sanctioned, I must assume that coverage needs to be addressed properly....If is has, good luck and be safe....

This year has been difficult and we must exercise extra safety with all powerboat events.

Rick Felsen

Hawk Race Consultants, Ltd.
516-466-9760 516-466-9663 Fax

Rick, I appreciate the comments. The Village Mayor is aware and has been advised in the past about coverage. I believe you spoke with him on this subject last year. Im suprised it took you this long to post or call !!

Bob

hawkrace 05-13-2004 12:47 PM

Bob:

I usually only post in the "Racing Field", however, I just noticed this today....reason for late response...

Well, at least you & the powers to be, are aware of the exposure....we have had several incidents this year, and the season has just started...

It would be very difficult to write this event, in lieu recent high performance boating incidents., both pleasure & racing.

If you need me, call me....I'm always available for discussion.

Rick Felsen 516-466-9760

Hot Boat 05-13-2004 01:25 PM

Thanks you just reminded me to re instate my insurance policy:D