Notices

Fountain Customer Service

Old 06-05-2004, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fountain Customer Service

Sad. I had a Fountain for 3 years and loved it. Not a single stree crack, rattle free and ran great. Sold it to a local guy this winter that can't say enough about how great he thinks the boat is. Fountain should step up on the customer service end of things to keep their repeat sales business.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: Fountain Customer Service

Down here in my neck of the woods, there was a dealer, Intracoastal Marine, right across from the 10th St. boat ramps who was a Fountain dealer for years. After way too many problems with Fountain they dropped him. Here in Nokomis, RV World of Nokomis had a deal to become a Fountain dealer. When Reggie learned that RV World was also going to sell Donzis, he wanted nothing to do with them.

At a Drivers/Sponsors Party for the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix, three years ago I think, Reggie was there. I did a lot for the groups that produces that boat race. I went up to him just to meet him and say high. He didn't listen to a word I said, and thought I was a waiter. He started to order something from me and three words in I turned my back on him and simply walked away.

Maybe everyone who has issues with Fountain's customer service, or lack of, should all get together and take out a large add in Powerboat Magazine and list their names and complaints. Seems like his adds take up about the first eight pages now or something like that.

I have never owned a Fountain. I'm not qualified to judge. However, from what I've read on this Board, and the way he tried to treat me as a waiter, I would never ever purchase a Fountain.

And as others have said, Formula has unbelievable customer/tech support.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Registered

You Know What I Like Fountains Too! What A Shame That The Factory Drops The Ball. Yes They Are Fast But Fit And Finish Is Important. Oh Yes And Customer Support Needs A Overhaul. I Sure Would Like To Know The Details On The Powerboat Mag. Test Boat That Went North For Jc's Friend On Sunday. Anyone Who Knows The Dealer Or Possible Buyer Call Me Collect!
Old 06-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Well....we all know that the manufactures need CS...it is a must and goes along with dealers and people in the boating business.........all seem fine when you start to deal with them.............BUT right after they get your money.......YOU the customer become a stranger with no name nor face
Old 06-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Fountain Customer Service

Focus on making customers, not making sales.

Not trying to tell you or your company anything Reggie; just reminding myself is all!

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 06-05-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Jen

Wow, some strong feelings here! I always read but rarely post on this board, however this thread got my interest . I worked at Dick Simon Marine for years (with Mr. Stinson) as the Warranty Administrator and worked with Fountain almost every, day while I agree they are often slow, they are consistent and always responded. I am also a Fountain owner so maybe my opinion is skewed, but I have found over years that it is more about the dedication of the Service people you deal with, and their interest in getting the best for "their" customer. I have dealt with many frustrated Fountain owners, but with effort and persistence Fountain has always come through with a satisfactory solution.
Just my 2 cents

Old 06-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Registered

Wow, some strong feelings here! I always read but rarely post on this board, however this thread got my interest . I worked at Dick Simon Marine for years (with Mr. Stinson) as the Warranty Administrator and worked with Fountain almost every, day while I agree they are often slow, they are consistent and always responded. I am also a Fountain owner so maybe my opinion is skewed, but I have found over years that it is more about the dedication of the Service people you deal with, and their interest in getting the best for "their" customer. I have dealt with many frustrated Fountain owners, but with effort and persistence Fountain has always come through with a satisfactory solution.
Oh c'mon Jen, Fountain only called you back because you are Hot and Flirty!!!
Old 06-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Registered

And none of us call him "Mr. Stinsen" unless we are in litigation!

Lets face it, a warranty on a boat holds about as many holes as swiss cheese at a target range. Date of Sale VS manufacturing date? Running conditions? Operator error? Pick a reason not to make good on a warranty and I am sure you have heard most of the big builders use it. Thats why its just best to buy a boat that does not have a history of breaking. Once you take that boat off the lot, its yours, and so are all of its problems.
We all hid under the desks when past clients came through the door(Especially the owners).
Old 06-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Jen

Oh Desleezyo, I do miss you! I agree with you somewhat....but you know on more than one occasion a manufacturer would answer the phone, find out it was me and say "It's that ***** fron Dick Simon again!" So, some of it has to do with who's fightin for ya. (BTW I was not sure if "Mr. Stinson" would appreciate me using the name I really call him!)
Jen

Old 06-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Fountain Customer Service

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
And none of us call him "Mr. Stinsen" unless we are in litigation!

Lets face it, a warranty on a boat holds about as many holes as swiss cheese at a target range. Date of Sale VS manufacturing date? Running conditions? Operator error? Pick a reason not to make good on a warranty and I am sure you have heard most of the big builders use it. Thats why its just best to buy a boat that does not have a history of breaking. Once you take that boat off the lot, its yours, and so are all of its problems.
We all hid under the desks when past clients came through the door(Especially the owners).
Fountain's website:

"Through vertical integration we build and control the quality of more than 75% of our boat's
component parts by producing them at our factory including; bolster seats, bow rails, interiors, fuel tanks, windshields, canvas enclosures and much more
All Fountains are built at our high-tech, on the water facility which is ISO 9001 certified in order to ensure ultimate quality
Each bottom is blueprinted to exact specifications
Each boat is water tested and tuned prior to delivery"

Are 2004/05's impoved? Reading this would lead one to believe so.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 06-11-2004 at 07:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Fountain Customer Service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.