Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   northern michigan fun run july 24th (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81007-northern-michigan-fun-run-july-24th.html)

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 06-14-2004 12:23 PM

Re: northern michigan fun run july 24th

Scott,
I've got a 1999 36 Outlaw,with 500 Efi's,been very satisfied so far,except for speed :( .If my OLD alcohol impaired memory serves me correctly,I think I talked to you on the phone last year about getting a boat documented.....
Steve

yzbert 06-14-2004 12:31 PM

wow hard to tell, it can be snotty and it can be pretty calm. we go as a group, and look out after each other, this may frustrate some but we are just out to have a fun day on the lake with old and new friends. about 100 miles this year, if it is rough you will have a tough time. if it is calm you will have a blast. i dont know?????????????

Whitey 06-14-2004 09:58 PM

I think last year we ran 30-40 mph. You can go as fast as you want because you can just circle back around to the pack. Last year we had a 23 wellcraft that made the trip.
The couple in the boat had a good time and that is what is important.
Dwight

yzbert 06-16-2004 08:41 PM

steve, thats right i forgot about talking to you about that as well. i too have a 1999 36 but with carb 500's

Escape Velocity 06-16-2004 09:29 PM

YZBERT, Sounds like a fun day. Similar trip to what I like to take from my "base camp" on Lake Charlevoix, and it will be fun to meet and travel with others.

Whitey, I introduced myself to you down in the Caribbean in February when I spotted you wearing your Hot Boat T-shirt. We were on different cruise lines, but we wound up on one of the same islands. Looking forward to seeing you and your wife again.

Randy

Whitey 06-16-2004 10:46 PM

Hey Randy, Good to hear from you again. I remember you had just gotten the Velocity and was gettin eager for spring. Where have you been boating?
This will be my 3rd year on the fun run and it is a great time. Scott and the northern friends are a real fun crowd and love to have a good time.
Let me know and we can try to hit the water sometime, Dwight

Escape Velocity 06-17-2004 09:02 PM

Hi Dwight,

I only picked up my new VR1 a couple weeks ago, and the first outing was to trailer it to my in-laws on Lake Keowee in South Carolina for a week. I got my 20 hours of break-in time done and it's at the dealer getting its 20 hour checkup. This Sunday I'm hoping to go to Lake Macatawa/Lake Michigan. Then, I'll be up at Lake Charlevoix for most of the rest of the summer except for Smoke on the Water. PM me with your contact info and maybe we can hook up down here sometime. I see you're down to a 28 footer like me now. That gives me confidence I'll be able to hang with you guys. I hope we have great weather :) on July 24th!

yzbert 06-17-2004 09:11 PM

look forward to meeting you randy

scott

Whitey 06-17-2004 10:07 PM

Randy if the lake is rough you can just go faster and jump the rough stuff....:D
What power do you have in your boat? How do you like the way it runs? Are you going to keep your boat in Charlevoix or are you trailering?
As far as the weather for the run, Scott guarantees good weather...;)
Dwight
[email protected]

Escape Velocity 06-18-2004 10:04 PM

Scott, I too will be happy to meet you and hope to see you up north more than just at the Fun Run. Petosky is one of my favorite destinations!

Dwight, the VR1 is a significant step up from my 22 Velocity and I really am enoying its ride. This summer I'm going to run the stock 496 Mag HO under warranty and in the fall upgrade heads, cam, intake, forged pistons, exhaust and ECM. I'm trailering until the 4th of July then leaving it on the hoist at Charlevoix most of the summer.

Randy