Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jersey Girls (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82665-jersey-girls.html)

Shane 07-06-2004 08:30 PM

Re: Jersey Girls

Sharkey,

You have a beautiful family! I am glad you got to spend a happy and healthy FOURTH with them. See you soon.

Shane

Strip Poker 388 07-06-2004 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisK
yeah kids are the best..... if they are not yours..

There like puppys there fun when there little .Whats fun is teaching them bad things and giving them back the there parents :eek: :) .

Have fun when there young,great photos.Be carefull around them props.

Rob

SOX 07-07-2004 01:36 AM

forget the kids... look at that boat!!!

:D just kidding (kinda')

I love the time I get to spend on the boat with my kids.

You have a good looking family. Your daughters look like little angels.

AugiePensa 07-07-2004 06:30 AM

Sharkey, you are the MAN! Sharkey brings his family to all the Jersey Races and are a welcome site. Beautiful family Sharkey. Hey, that's what it's all about. FUN and GOOD TIMES

Jassman 07-07-2004 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
Man i gotta tell you, most young guys like myself the last thing on our minds is growing up. But I live in Myrtle Beach, its so much fun, always girls, always partying, and today i am sitting at a stoplight and i see a young dad and a little kid, on the par 3 golf course. Kid is all decked out got his visor on, his own bag and clubs and they both hit the ball, dad picks up both bags and gives a high-five and they're off down the course.

I have 0 patience in the world and get completely bored with sports like golf, but seeing this took me right back to the days when my dad and grandpa did this with me, and I can't help but be excited that one day I'm gonna get to have that much fun with a little one myself.

Normally the only thoughts on my mind are hangin out with the friends and partying, and if i'm thinkin bout women its usually about how rotten my X's all were or how hot a girl next to me is, but for some reason I couldn't help but smile when i saw that little guy hit the ball, and wish i could hurry up and get old so i could do that with a son.

Thats a sign of growing up, and getting wiser. Just shake your head back and forth 6 times, pretend that golfcourse thing was just a dream, now go back to reality. :p :drink: Jeff

Airpacker 07-07-2004 07:37 AM

Sharkey, great pics. Just wait until she tells you she wants to drive the boat at 90 :) My 7 year old daughter thinks shes ready. She even tells mom that maybe she should stay at home because "we are going to run hard and fast mom". Now that will put a smile on your face.

rainmn 07-07-2004 07:56 AM

Looks like a good time Sharkey. I brought my kids to the Water's Edge on Monday for the first time. Shortly after we got there, a Top Gun & a Tiger were pulling out. Lindsey looks at me and tells me "You should get a boat like that one Daddy." :)

Phantom1 07-07-2004 08:48 AM

Beautiful kids. Thanks for sharing. :)

mr_velocity 07-07-2004 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Sharkey, great pics. Just wait until she tells you she wants to drive the boat at 90 :) My 7 year old daughter thinks shes ready. She even tells mom that maybe she should stay at home because "we are going to run hard and fast mom". Now that will put a smile on your face.

My son has been driving and throttling our Whaler Jet since he was 2 1/2. I'll need to post that pic. The past couple of years I have been letting him behind the wheel of the Velocity, I'm always on the sticks. I finally felt he, now 9, was ready for a WOT blast. Sunday was perfect in the ocean, 1' - 2' chop, just enough to bark the drives a little. We're cruising along at 60, like we normally do, him driving and I slowly pushed the throttles until the speedo was bouncing off of 85. We ran about 10 miles before I let up on it. I may never get to drive the boat again :( although he is already *****ing the boat is too slow and we need a cat.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-08-2004 03:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone! :drink:

We had a blast running down to Tices Shoal off of Island Beach State Park.
The water was warm & clean.
Here are some pics: