Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Beware of Cobalt, I can't believe I'm admitting this! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83058-beware-cobalt-i-cant-believe-im-admitting.html)

TxHawk 07-12-2004 10:30 AM

Re: Beware of Cobalt, I can't believe I'm admitting this!

There was a new 34 cobalt in our shop two weeks ago, it had 525's XR's. It was sweet. While on the topic of sleepers there is a new 22 crownline in Texas to watch out for now, 630hp.

BLee 07-12-2004 10:31 AM

Don't worry WP36, I'll whip his ass for ya this weekend! :drink:

C_Spray 07-12-2004 10:42 AM

Given Cobalt's reputation for quality and workmanship (look at one really close some time!), I'm glad to see them coming into the performance market with their new 34. They're going to force all the peformance manufacturers to re-think their claims about quality. Can't wait to see something bigger from them.

Cord 07-12-2004 10:44 AM

There is a 28' Sea Ray by me with twin HP500's. The only thing that gives it away is the lope coming from the through hulls.

HyperBaja 07-12-2004 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
There was a new 34 cobalt in our shop two weeks ago, it had 525's XR's. It was sweet. While on the topic of sleepers there is a new 22 crownline in Texas to watch out for now, 630hp.

I was out last summer, some old lady in a beat up old 23 foot Larson, faded, to hell and back. Kept waving for me to go, so I jump on it, why not, she gets on it too, my jaw fell through the floor. Procharged.

Caincando1 07-12-2004 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Cord
There is a 28' Sea Ray by me with twin HP500's. The only thing that gives it away is the lope coming from the through hulls.

I hear you. A couple in our harbor just boat a brand new Power Quest 280SC(like the one below) with twin 496mag HO's. That big thing hauls some azz! :cool:

32storm 07-12-2004 12:18 PM

A Cobalt sneak attack. Have to watch for the sleepers.

OLDRAT 07-12-2004 12:28 PM

War,

That thing went flying by the house Saturday afternoon against the
rev limiter! :)

Heard it coming and thought it was some of the normal loud bling.....what
a big shock, that thing was moving pretty good and flew by Compton
in his fountain before he had time to react.

OR

Jamie B. 07-12-2004 12:33 PM

I love sleepers ! :D

FeverFan 07-12-2004 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
While on the topic of sleepers there is a new 22 crownline in Texas to watch out for now, 630hp.

It's not Clay is it????? :eek: :crazy: